Ghost77

Reaction score
Hi fellow addicts,

I usually play lower leagues in England. When I got my team to Premier League, I buy good players from all over the world, but after a while it lacks realism for me.. In my new save I want to keep my Nottingham Forest team as english as possible (scottish, welsh, irish players allowed :)) And that's quite hard, because english players are so expensive. Of course, I can't buy only young prospects, the team has to be balanced.

So do you have any tips for english/UK bargains for my team? I am usually quite successful with my Nottingham side and I think I will be promoted in first or second season, therefore they don't have to be future superstars, but good solid players for example for midtable prem side.

Second thing I want to try in this save is to buy mainly professionals/iron-willed/highly determined/spirited players to build mentally very strong team. But the main criteria is to keep the team english.

Any tips for my plan, guys? Thanks

English players honestly are expensive than their foreign counterparts, no doubt..

a safe option would be to check HG players whose contracts are expiring within a year, and also, HG players who are transfer listed.

in the meantime, take a look at John Souttar..

English players honestly are expensive than their foreign counterparts, no doubt..

a safe option would be to check HG players whose contracts are expiring within a year, and also, HG players who are transfer listed.

in the meantime, take a look at John Souttar..

Thanks for reply. Will definately look at John Souttar :)

I am currently in the same position as you in my career with ipswich town, i would highly recommend some ipswich players depending on price Mings, Bishop, Hyam & Smith are all very good. You should try to sign bishop most of all touted as the next Paul Gascoigne currently on my game and thats some comparison!!! Some players that have always been really good for me are Josh Meekings from Inverness in scotland one year left on his contract can normally get him for really cheap and he's a good solid rotation option. Second player is Kasim from swindon another good player (scores a load of free kicks for me) as well as having good passing and all round mental attributes normally costs around £2m. I also signed Jermaine Pennant on a free transfer sometimes he's amazing sometimes he's non existent though. Finally try looking at Nadir Ciftci from Dundee and Giles Barnes from Houston get him back to english football and try revive him to his early days! Always been a good squad player for me :D

I am currently in the same position as you in my career with ipswich town, i would highly recommend some ipswich players depending on price Mings, Bishop, Hyam & Smith are all very good. You should try to sign bishop most of all touted as the next Paul Gascoigne currently on my game and thats some comparison!!! Some players that have always been really good for me are Josh Meekings from Inverness in scotland one year left on his contract can normally get him for really cheap and he's a good solid rotation option. Second player is Kasim from swindon another good player (scores a load of free kicks for me) as well as having good passing and all round mental attributes normally costs around £2m. I also signed Jermaine Pennant on a free transfer sometimes he's amazing sometimes he's non existent though. Finally try looking at Nadir Ciftci from Dundee and Giles Barnes from Houston get him back to english football and try revive him to his early days! Always been a good squad player for me :D

Thanks! Great tips. Already scouting them. I already signed Luke Garbutt for loan. His crosses are beautiful.

Hi fellow addicts,

I usually play lower leagues in England. When I got my team to Premier League, I buy good players from all over the world, but after a while it lacks realism for me.. In my new save I want to keep my Nottingham Forest team as english as possible (scottish, welsh, irish players allowed :)) And that's quite hard, because english players are so expensive. Of course, I can't buy only young prospects, the team has to be balanced.

So do you have any tips for english/UK bargains for my team? I am usually quite successful with my Nottingham side and I think I will be promoted in first or second season, therefore they don't have to be future superstars, but good solid players for example for midtable prem side.

Second thing I want to try in this save is to buy mainly professionals/iron-willed/highly determined/spirited players to build mentally very strong team. But the main criteria is to keep the team english.

Any tips for my plan, guys? Thanks
English players honestly are expensive than their foreign counterparts
o.png

English players honestly are expensive than their foreign counterparts
o.png

Yes, they are expensive. That's partly why I made this thread. To get some tips :) So far I got Luke Garbutt (Everton - loan) and Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Todd Kane (Chelsea - loan) from England. Also thinking about Sondre Rossbach from Norway as he has iron-willed personality and could be good backup in the future.

View attachment 239772

I haven't dropped a single point after 4 rounds, the team is looking good. If I get promotion I will seriously try to bring Joel Ward (Crystal Palace if he doesn't sign for Swans), Jack Butland (Stoke) and Tyrone Mings (Ipswich) instead of loanees. And will think about Lewis Cook or Alex Mowatt (both Leeds) and some young guns to attack like Zach Clough (Bolton), Cauley Woodrow (Fulham) or Veton Berisha (Norway, Viking) as Nordic players are cheaper and usually determined.

View attachment 239771

View attachment 239769

View attachment 239768

If anyone is still interested. I won the Championship in the first season. It was one of my best seasons ever. Many players overperformed. Michail Antonio won the player of the year and I broke Championship record of gained points a scored goals.

View attachment 237003

In transfer market I was surprisngly successful. I managed to sign all players that I planned to buy after first season :) I wanted to invest mainly in defence (Jack Butland, Joel Ward, Tyrone Mings, Éder Balanta, Luke Garbutt ext. loan) as my attack was working well and should hopefully get some goals also in Prem. Britt Assombalonga and James Wilson will be the main strikeforce.

View attachment 237002

All players were cheaper than I expected, lucky me :) My main concern is team cohension in defence though. Friendlies look good, but there is much work ahead to make it work well together with the new players.

I am excited with Tyrone Mings. He looks he can be a beast. Read somewhere he has worldclass potential. Take a look at my team. Any suggestions where to make it stronger? Have a nice day, fellow addicts (H)

View attachment 237001 View attachment 237000

Last edited: