Irons go for Gold

• Thread starter Thread starter HammersK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 8K
November 2011

Pft, now I know why none of the big teams went in for Niang -

View attachment 252596

It's fair to say I choked on my lunch when I saw Caen's reply to my enquiry for the young striker.

I sent my scouts out, and they came up with 3 alternatives, one from Italy, one from Mexico, and one from France.

View attachment 252629View attachment 252628View attachment 252599

A deal is in place for one of these youngsters, and he should be coming in January, although as it isn't 100% complete, I think it's best if I don't announce it. Always nice to keep the press guessing.

Fixtures

Only 6 games this month I thought to myself when looking at the fixture list. 'Only 6'. In any other league this would be considered a hectic list, but no, not in the championship, in the championship, this is a quiet week.

West Ham vs Millwall - Championship

Arguably the only reason some United fans like being in the championship is to smash Millwall, in more ways than just on the field. That wasn't my issue though, I just needed to make sure we got a result, as although not a particularly big game, the fierce rivalry between the two clubs meant this was a must win game. The boys did not disappoint, and we simply controlled the game from start to finish.

View attachment 252600

West Ham 4 - 1 Millwall (Cerdan, Collison, Collins, Quintero; Bouazza)

Coventry vs West Ham - Championship

A game I feel we really should have dominated in, however it just wasn't the case, Coventry pushed us all despite us controlling almost the entire game. A late Collision goal gifted us with all three points.

View attachment 252602

Coventry 1 - 2 West Ham ( Tomkins, Collison; Norwood)

West Ham vs Middlesbrough - Championship

Middlesbrough were struggling this season, I wanted to add to their worries. But if I'm honest the scoreline flatters us, we did not control the game as well as I had hoped, but the Zaha's and Quintero's finishing was on point, which allowed them to put 5 past Steele.

View attachment 252603

West Ham 5 - 1 Middlesbrough ( Quintero x3, Zaha x2; Kink)

Derby vs West Ham - Championship

I decided to rest Quintero, the man was tired and who could blame him, he had played in almost all of my games thus far and it had taken it's toll. If I'm honest I think he is a bit home-sick, I really need to have a chat with the lad. However this meant I could give someone who I had placed in the reserves at the start of the season a chance, and that man was Nicky Maynard. He did not disappoint.

View attachment 252604

Derby 0 - 3 West Ham (Maynard x2, Zaha)

West Ham vs Doncaster - Championship

A real David vs Goliath clash, top of the table vs bottom of the table, I decided to rest a few players and maybe that's what led to such a poor performance? Or maybe Doncaster just played really well? I'm just not sure. Luckily Zaha was there to save the day, although we need to consider ourselves lucky, and really need to buck our ideas up for the upcoming fixtures.

View attachment 252606

West Ham 2-1 Doncaster (Shelvey, Zaha; Hayter)

West Ham vs Chelsea - League Cup Quarter Final

The big game of this month, and the biggest of my career thus far. I didn't know what to expect. When seeing their starting XI I knew it would be an even bigger ask than I first expected. We was in the game for large segments of it, however Chelsea were much more clinical and finished the chances they created, whereas we squandered ours. Despite losing 2-0, there were some positives to take for sure, we held our own against one of the best teams in the Premier League, and I think we can definitely make our mark in the league next year, playing 'our' way.

View attachment 252610

West Ham 0 - 2 Chelsea (Ramires, Luiz)

League Table

This month we have extended our lead at the top of the table, the only team who are in touching distance of us is Reading; who are still scoring for fun. If we don't get promoted after this brilliant start, I think I will just have to admit defeat and retire from football as a whole. Next season is when the real challenge begins.

View attachment 252611

Player Of The Month

Wilfried Zaha

View attachment 252612
'The next Michael Owen? Let's hope he is not as injury prone'

Despite his young age, Zaha has shown great maturity
this month, he has created a number of the teams goals,
as well as getting on the score sheet on no less than 4
occasions. The pick of the bunch being his last minute
strike vs Doncaster. Which earned us an extra two points.

Last edited:
It'll be Sanogo ;) Fierro isn't available to come until the start of next season, and Sanogo's contract runs out soon so I'm guessing you got him dirt cheap

Brilliant so far mate good work :) have a soft spot for west ham being my local club and had a season ticket when they where in the championship this season just gone

Journal Entry # 3

I text her. Just asked how she was, just to make sure if she was alright you know? Still haven't got a reply back yet. Maybe she changed her number? Or maybe I am just fooling myself, maybe she can't even bring herself to even reply to me now.

The funny thing is, the better we do in the League the more nervous I get. As the closer we are to the Premier League, the closer I am to coming face to face with him. Have I forgiven him? I mean I don't think he meant for all of this to happen, but it's not easy to forgive and forget.

I think the lads are starting to respect me a lot more now, they see me as someone they can trust, someone they can talk to. Which reminds me, Quint wanted a word with me today, god knows what it's about but the poor lad sounded upset.

SH#T. She just replied, what do I do? Play it cool? Wait a little while?

Nah, I can't play it cool, that just isn't me, she said "I'm not too bad, how about yourself?", an ordinary text in any normal context but to me that text means the world. I think I should reply with "Good to hear, I'm doing good thanks. How's work?". Yeah that doesn't sound too bad.

Anyway I need to finish this off, only a couple more sessions left now. I think I might miss that 'stupid psychiatrist'

See ya.

Should have at least one more update up by tonight, ant suggestions are more than welcome :)

December 2011

It's time to speak to Quint, it's not a conversation I want to have, but I have to show him that I am here for him, and I don't want him to be unhappy. Something has definitely been up the past couple of months as shown in his dip in form, it was stupid of me to wait for him to come to me, I think I should nipped the problem in the bud.

View attachment 252818
"I'm committed to this club" - September 2011

Me - Take a seat Quint, now what was it that you wanted to speak about? I understand you have become quite unhappy in recent months, and I need you to be completely honest with me.

Quint - Your right, I am unhappy, I needed to speak to you because I miss home, I miss my friends, and most of all I miss my family.

Me - So you're homesick? Why didn't you tell me? We could have tried sorting something out. I understand the festive period is a time for family, so why don't we bring them over, we have a break over Christmas and I'm more than happy to excuse you from training.

Quint - I don't think that's enough, I need to go home.

Me - You're being unreasonable here Quint, you know we don't have much choice in terms of Strikers at the moment, I need you. We have got another Striker joining on New Years Day. If you still feel the same I can let you have a few weeks back in Mexico then?

Quint - Okay.

Me - What more do you want me to do? You knew what was expected of you when you signed that contract.

Quint - Your right, I apologise, but I can't help the way I feel. What would happen if I wanted to move back to Mexico permanently?

Me - Let's not worry about that now, we will cross that if and when we get to it. Is that everything?

Quint - Yes.
Something tells me this saga isn't over yet.

Fixtures

Brighton vs West Ham - Championship

After the loss vs Chelsea, I had to make sure the boys bounced back, I told them I was proud of their performance, and told them I wanted to see more of the same. They did okay, and did what was necessary to scrape the win.

View attachment 252902

Brighton 0 - 1 West Ham (Calderon og)

West Ham vs Nottingham Forest - Championship

After getting back to winning ways I expected more of the same, and the lads once again scrapped through. Despite not particularly controlling the game, a hard working defence meant that a win was almost inevitable as they only managed 3 shots in total.

View attachment 252906

West Ham 2 - 0 Nottingham (Cerdan, Taylor)

West Ham vs Peterborough - Championship

They really do seem to be a thorn in my side, despite the team playing better than in the previous two games we just couldn't break down the Peterborough defence. Will Quintero score again? Or has he already had it? A bore draw.

View attachment 252908

West Ham 0 - 0 Peterborough

West Ham vs Hull - Championship

A game I fully expected the boys to win, I was in two minds, to play Quintero or not? It was pretty much last chance saloon for the Colombian, I just wanted to see a committed performance from him, and I guess he delivered. We controlled the game from start to finish, and our defence is getting better and better the pick of the players was Bandalovski, who is coming on leaps and bounds.

View attachment 253003

West Ham 2 - 0 Hull (Zaha, Quintero)

Barnsley vs West Ham - Championship

I knew it would be a close game, they pushed us hard at home and they almost forced a draw and without an in-form striker I knew the task would be even harder. I told the lads to play how I knew they could, instead they provided me and the fans with the worst performance during my time as manager, I was fuming.

View attachment 253011

Barnsley 2 - 1 West Ham ( Doyle x2; Quintero)

League Table

Still 12 points ahead of Reading despite what I consider to be a relatively poor month, fatigue is really setting in and I feel I need to bolster the squad this transfer window. In terms of defence and attack, the tables seem to have turnt, we now have the best defence in the league by a fair distance, but we haven't scored as many goals as I would have liked, hopefully something I can change with a couple of new faces.

View attachment 253012

Player of the Month

Ivan Bandalovski

View attachment 253013
'Joining West Ham, really is a dream come true'

There was no real stand out players this month
so I feel it was best to give this award to one of
the more consistent performers. Ivan joined for a mere
£250K, his value has already tripled and is being chased
by some of the top teams. His work rate is immense, solid
at the back, and chips in with almost every attacking play.
Will definitely be a part of our Premier League squad.

Last edited:
iP_BH63lYM-2jWsVdStR7gztsfRb2RMati9HZl2T4KYfDSEBZYK1EDYmhkYlrDM_GrWhGs_PYWNsZ0dWbsPrH1WWgmtG0HJoE5gTbFkd5vCMpE0b0nk

The Targets

Along with the 3 strikers my scouts found for me, I have five other targets.

Adel Tarrabt

View attachment 253014

The young Moroccan can be signed for around £2.6 Million after becoming transfer listed at Q.P.R. Yes he has an attitude problem, but there is no denying that this kid is talented. Will fit the AMC position perfectly, and will be one of the main creative forces in the team. His wage demands shouldn't be too high, and if I'm honest I think he is my number one target.

Nathaniel Clyne

View attachment 253015

Another great talent created by the Palace youth system, they are becoming more and more like Southampton as time goes by. I need a long term replacement for Faubert at right wing back, someone with pace, who can cross the ball in and isn't afraid to take defenders on. Clyne fits the bill perfectly. He isn't the finished product yet but would still be in the starting XI. The asking price could be a bit of stumbling block with Palace demanding in excess of £5 Million pound. Is he worth it? Target number two.

Nathan Redmond

View attachment 253016

I am long term admirer of Redmond, tried to sign him in the summer window but the £6 Million asking price proved to be a stumbling block. Currently having to play Collison on the left as winger, which has been working well, but it would be such an improvement to have a natural winger on the left, and Redmond is exactly that. He is quick, can dribble past people, and can cross the ball in well. I have been speaking to the media about him for a while and it seems he is interested in a move. Hopefully my hard work these past three months may have lowered the price, otherwise I can't see myself getting him till next year. Target number three.

Erick Torres

View attachment 253029

If after speaking to Taarabt I feel he is too much of a risk I will be signing this Mexican Wonderkid. He is widely expected to be the future of Mexican football along with Fierro. He can be signed on the cheap, with the asking price being around £1.5 Million. Has more potential than Taarabt but the lack of experience could be an issue. Target number four.

Matt Phillips

View attachment 253030

The ASymmetric system, use a right winger, a 'creator', and a poacher, Phillips can play in every single one of these positions, despite not having as much potential as my other targets, I feel he could do a job. However I'm not sure if it will be worth the £4 Million plus asking price. Target number five.

The Targeted

Wilfried Zaha

View attachment 253035

Arguably my best player this season, he has played so well despite his tender age. He is one of the best English prospects currently, and I will not be letting him go unless an offer of £20 Million plus comes in, so far we have only had an offer of £ 7 Million come in from Man City, and luckily it seems currently this is the only team interested. I have to be careful though, as if big teams keep coming in for him he may end up wanting to leave.

Ivan Bandalovski

View attachment 253036

Competitive football has done this lad the world of good. After joining from Sofia, the fans were unsure of his cappabllities, and so was I. I had trust in my scouts though and brought him in for a bargain price. However after a string of impressive performances some of the big teams are after him, already offering upwards of £1 Million. The list includes; Porto, Arsenal and Everton. Ivan won't be leaving unless an offer of £6 Million comes in, which is very very unlikely.

Ravel Morrison

View attachment 253039

Ravel hasn't played much for us at the moment, but when he has, he has looked very impressive. He will be getting more first time opportunities this half of the season, in order to allow him to reach his full potential. However despite not playing much, Man City are once again interested, offering upwards of £4 Million pounds. If an offer of £10 Million comes in, it will be accepted, although I can't see it happening at the moment, maybe in a couple of years.​

Should hopefully have the transfer round update done by tonight along with the January update. I hope some of you are enjoying reading it, and like before any suggestions on how to improve the story are more than welcome.

Should hopefully have the transfer round update done by tonight along with the January update. I hope some of you are enjoying reading it, and like before any suggestions on how to improve the story are more than welcome.

You should look to sign Cristian Tello from barcelona, at the start of the game you can get him for £1.5m not sure how much in game though but he's definitely worth it as long as he's given first team football.

Back