floggg

Reaction score
I'm playing with Spurs at the minute (with a transfer update).

I didn't go too wild with new signing - I got Baines and Felliani and some youth prospects but shipped out Adebayor, Parker, Gylfi S, Assou-Ekotto, Capoue and Huddlestone to compensate on the wages and transfer side.

I'm still making a massive loss each month though and have seen my balance plummet into the red. So know I'm selling Dembele and Defoe to try and reduce costs further and rely on youth with cheaper wages.

Thing is, despite all my work to trim the wages and being in the red, the board just gave me 60 million to play with at Christmas to mount a title challenge (I'm four clear and unbeaten dropping only four points to Liverpool and Man Utd).

They clearly got Levy's stats wrong!

Is this a case of the board losing their head entirely?

Or are they expecting to claw a good chunk back through the TV and prize money I'm going to win them - with champions league at least almost guaranteed for next year (I probably have 20 points on fifth).

Would I be a fool to spend it?

I have Phil Jones willing to join me for 30million and 50k a week. He could be the rock my team is built around for years to come.

I want to be responsible but the temptation to splurge is pretty strong - particularly since I've cut my strike force to Soldado, Fierro and Maupay.

Have a look at your projected budget for the end of the season. That's what you'll have by the end without any prize money or extra TV revenue. You get 50m a season minimum TV revenue and 800k every time your team is chosen to be on TV again. And that's not including prize money you'll get from finishing in a CL spot, which I reckon is somewhere between 20-30m again. If you're still winning and they're giving you the money, spend it! But don't go crazy. Maybe look for a few more youngsters you could sell for profit later on.

My projected budget never really seems to differ much from my actual budget.

And from previous experience it doesn't seem to take tv and prize money into account.

Eg on a Dortmund save after winning the league in May it was telling me my projected budget was the same as my actual budget even though I knew I had a good chunk of prize money coming in the next few days and weeks.

Is it 50 mil tv money for England? Do you know what the prize money for winning or second is?

If its sizeable I might splurge on Jones as most of the time before I've gotten big names interested in me mid-season but then by the time the league wraps and i have money they lose interest if I'm a smaller club - even if I just won the league!

Don't have FM open but in the league table section if you go into rules it tells you the prize money there for each final league position. I think it's something like 18m for 1st 16.5m for 2nd then -800k for each final league position below that.

I wouldn't worry too much about what you're losing each month, unless it's substantial, but if they're giving you a 60m budget they're obviously expecting to make some kind of return come the end of the season. It happened to me in my Liverpool save, I was losing about 1.5m a month but I made a tidy profit at the end of the season with CL qualification and TV revenue.

Edit: Apparently you earn interest on unused transfer funds if you move the slider all the way to the left to maximize wage budget, so that will also earn you a bit extra each month.

Last edited:
Yeah I just got 54m in 2014 for TV money, and I finished 7th and got 20m prize money. So I'd imagine for first/second you're looking at minimum 25m. That's near enough paid for his transfer fee already. I'd go for it to be honest I've got something similar. I'm sitting 3rd in the league with Forest in January and the board just gave me 48m for a top 4 challenge for some reason. I don't particularly need it to be honest.

Buy Jones and do well in the league and you will be fine

Sweet. Is that on the standard database?

I have the LFC Marshall (I think) transfer update but I doubt that's been updated to include the new tv deal money.

It's going to be a ***** to try and compete with English clubs in FM 2014 if the financial muscle the now have is replicated.

I think I heard yesterday that the bottom teams tv money under the new deal will be 50 million which is equal to the entire annual turnover of Lazio.

When you add in sponsorship and gate receipts as well, it's ridiculous!

Yeah that's standard database but not with LFC Marshall. Simple 13.3.3 I believe.

It's just gonna widen the gap with the top clubs I think. We'll just have loads of good players playing for teams like Villa or Stoke, but not able to go anywhere with it.

Might be good for English players though, lots of clubs will invest that money straight in to youth in the hope of discovering proper gems.

**** you! Now I gotta blow off my boyfriend and blow my transfer kitty instead!

I signed Jones and also Will Hughes (which I thought I'd offset by selling Defoe but the ****er wanted me to pay half his wages for the rest of his contract so it didn't make sense for me to sell him.

I'll try and limp on to the summer and hopefully will get a big cash boost. I'll also be able to sell Paulinho at that stage as Kongodbia and Hughes should be reasonably be able to step up to the plate as back-ups by then.

I also have Gylfi and Capoue on loan who I can sell and maybe one of Dawson or Kaboul depending on funds.

Jones got his first goal for me with a last minute winner against Utd in Old Trafford to put me clear! Not bad!