Is anyone else having trouble with possession?

KavadaKedavra

Reaction score
I've been having problems holding possession on FM16. I've never been one for possession football but my average possession 25 games into the first season with Liverpool is 50.5%. I just lost 0-2 to Watford at Anfield and finished the match with 43% possession.
Is anyone else having problems with possession or is it just my tactics?

Officially, it's a bug with both teams standing around, being braindead over long periods of the match, thus ******** up possession stats as the ball is controlled by one of the players.

For those actually watching the matches, it's really hard achieving consistent possession %s at this point in the game. It's said to be fixed in the final release though.

Yeah I heard about this bug, which has resulted in some people reporting 1% possession in the first half. I'm just glad I was able to remove "play possession football" from the agreed philosophies...

No problems with possession. Averaging 53% with a counter attacking tactic and a mid-table team.

No problems with possession at all, I am Leeds promoted to the first season and I actually have the highest average possession in the league so I am guessing it is tactical/personnel issue.

I haven't experienced it either, but there has been an acknowledged bug in regards to the possession stat. It usually happens after a stop in play, often an injury, where players then freeze in their positions and nothing happens. This is why some people have reported 1% possession.

Here's a rather comedic example of it:

[video=youtube;neJxXr2pNXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neJxXr2pNXY[/video]

What OP is describing doesn't sound like this bug though. Averaging 50% possession is hardly a bug, but I'd suggest looking at a couple matches to see what's actually going on. You could even fast forward just to make sure this isn't happening.

Not had an issue with it yet, currently averaging 60% possession overall with Charlton.

I am always being told I am being out numbered in midfield no what matter how many I put in midfield. I have started to ignore it and play a 433 attack and don't have any problems hammering teams.

I have had several matches where my team has had between 50-60% possession on the match stats screen through out the entirety of a game. Then when it comes to the final match stats screen it claims I have had 18% or 23% possession. Definitely a bug!