Is consistency with one tactic impossible?

RVC7

Reaction score
This is the most annoying FM I've ever player, I'm literally sat here tearing my hair out and wondering what one earth I am doing wrong because NOTHING can work for more than 5 games, seriously.

I'm managing San Marino Calcio (club side) and got promotion in my first season to Serie B, happy days right?

Well thats basically the end of the happiness and now I am just in an awful state where I'm actually deteriorating every year and I don't know why.

First Season in Serie B - 13th place (of 22)
Second Season - 12th place (of 22)
Third Season - 19th place (of 22) [stayed up via play-outs]
Fourth Season - 13th place (of 22)
Fifth Season - 18th place (off 22) currently in the 17th of December

So basically, after five seasons in Serie B I haven't progressed, at ALL. In fact, depending on how this season goes (currently on a run of four straight losses) I may have gotten worse. My main problem lies with the fact that if I have a tactic working for me it will eventually go to sh*t very quickly and I will go on a huge run without a win forcing me to change or get relegated, and it's been this cycle literally since I joined the league.

Currently I'm running the following formation but I may just drop it because I'm getting my *** handed to me atm.

lgt4a3d.png

The other formation I've been using for this season with a little bit of success which has now vanished is

ilEZwtl.png

I seriously need some help, is there a formation good for Italian Football or maybe anything? Have you had sustained success just by using one tactic?

If you need more info I'd be glad to help as I'm at the end of my tether here and considering just jacking in FM for this year as this edition isn't really making any sense to me.

Thanks,
Ryan.

This is the most annoying FM I've ever player, I'm literally sat here tearing my hair out and wondering what one earth I am doing wrong because NOTHING can work for more than 5 games, seriously.

I'm managing San Marino Calcio (club side) and got promotion in my first season to Serie B, happy days right?

Well thats basically the end of the happiness and now I am just in an awful state where I'm actually deteriorating every year and I don't know why.

First Season in Serie B - 13th place (of 22)
Second Season - 12th place (of 22)
Third Season - 19th place (of 22) [stayed up via play-outs]
Fourth Season - 13th place (of 22)
Fifth Season - 18th place (off 22) currently in the 17th of December

So basically, after five seasons in Serie B I haven't progressed, at ALL. In fact, depending on how this season goes (currently on a run of four straight losses) I may have gotten worse. My main problem lies with the fact that if I have a tactic working for me it will eventually go to sh*t very quickly and I will go on a huge run without a win forcing me to change or get relegated, and it's been this cycle literally since I joined the league.

Currently I'm running the following formation but I may just drop it because I'm getting my *** handed to me atm.

lgt4a3d.png

The other formation I've been using for this season with a little bit of success which has now vanished is

ilEZwtl.png

I seriously need some help, is there a formation good for Italian Football or maybe anything? Have you had sustained success just by using one tactic?

If you need more info I'd be glad to help as I'm at the end of my tether here and considering just jacking in FM for this year as this edition isn't really making any sense to me.

Thanks,
Ryan.

Ok mate looks like u just not getting any where up to you but ry this Bandit Tactic V2 - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

If you have had high levels of success with the tactic in the past, the issue is likely not with the tactic but with A] The players or B] The motivation techniques used on the players.

Team Talks have a MASSIVE effect on how a game plays out; Get it perfect and you see amazing play. Get it wrong and things go down the drain in an instant.

Player Morale and Motivation is so key this year.

I always seem to do well with a 4-3-3. With 1 anchor man and 2 CMs.

Just won everything using only one tactic, in secound season with milan. The 4-5-1, beating the likes of Chelsea, Real, Juve, Napoli, porto, and Man utd. Taking home the champions league my team have a average age of 21, the players aren't even that good.

Only changes ive done is changing from fluid to ridge depending on the match. And also parking the plane when ive got a good lead.

Playing fluid and taking more chances when im not playing agaist the big teams and making my defensive line more stable when i do by playing ridge.

I've had supreme consistency for 5 seasons with Porto, even with a chop/changed youngster team and a 2 man backline. TBF, domestic success shouldn't count. But my European form has been consistent with QF/SF and 1 CL win in 5 seasons. So consistency with 1 tactic is possible.