Is Ferenc Puskas the most underrated player ever ?

Is puskas the most underrated player ever

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescfc

Banned
Reaction score
Ferenc Puskas many may not even have heard of him. Yet he has a better goalscoring record than pele.

pele scored 589 goals in 605 games in competitve matches. Puskas scored 617 goals in 622 matches. At international level pele struck 77 times in 92 matches puskas scored 84 in 85 matches ! He is also to this day the only player to have scored 4 goals in a european cup/champions league final.

He played at the same time as pele and both are 2 of only 3 players to have scored more than 1000 goals. Pele is regarded as the best ever yet puskas record is better than his ? Why has puskas been almost forgotten.

Last edited:
Puskas scored more than 1k goals... thats new for me.
He is not underrated. Just people like Zidan, Maradona and Pele better.

Why does it always have to be the extreme scenario for you? Sure some people underrate him, but is he the most underrated of all time, probably not.

Havent you heard Emile Heskey is the most under rated player of all time...

Who the **** who knows his football doesn't know about Puskás? If we're going to get into it over underrated but incredible players, let's talk Josef Bican or Fernando Peyroteo.

Havent you heard Emile Heskey is the most under rated player of all time...

haha i assume/ pray you are joking ??

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Puskas scored more than 1k goals... thats new for me.

yes himself pele and romario are the only three players to achieve 1000 goals. However romarios is highly disputed as some were at youth level

haha i assume/ pray you are joking ??

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

yes himself pele and romario are the only three players to achieve 1000 goals. However romarios is highly disputed as some were at youth level

Josef Bican scored more than a 1000 goals , ever heard of him?

Are these threads the most overrated on Base??

To claim that Puskas has been 'almost forgotten' is just plain silly

Why does it always have to be the extreme scenario for you? Sure some people underrate him, but is he the most underrated of all time, probably not.

I have an opinion and dont think it is "extreme". If you disagree who would you suggest to have been the most underrated player ever ?

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

To claim that Puskas has been 'almost forgotten' is just plain silly

thats probably true ... however he is still very underrated

I have an opinion and dont think it is "extreme". If you disagree who would you suggest to have been the most underrated player ever ?

It is impossible to name the most underrated player of all time because if they was really that underrated no-one will have heard of them.

I know you like to prove you point without having knowing the truth(judging by your pele thread)
But you need to get your numbers right pele scored 77 in 92 matches for brazil. Puskas scored 84 in 89 if you count his apps for spain, he is widley regarded as one of the best ever players and is one of only a few players to be spoke of in the same league as pele or maradona, how is he underated?

Playing for real madrid does not instantly make you a better player than other legends.

Last edited:
I know you like to prove you point without having knowing the truth(judgindg by your pele thread)
But you need to get your numbers right pele scored 77 in 92 matches for brazil. Puskas scored 84 in 89 if you count his apps for spain, he is widley regarded as one of the best ever players and is one of only a few players to be spoke of in the same league as pele or maradona, how is he underated?

Playing for real madrid does not instantly make you a better player than other legends.

sorry mate i was reading the wrong scoring chart when i posted this and have edited the origional. puskas would still have the better record however.

with regards to you comment on real madrid could you please elaberate i dont quiet understand how you have reached that conclusion ?

Status
Not open for further replies.