DiarGooner

Reaction score
I just finished my first season in fm12 and Ireland Just won the European Championships 2012 beating Croatia 4-0 in the final. Do people think its realistic or was it just a fluke?^^)
Also has any other strange stuff happened in your save?

i don't know what to make of that really as i wouldn't expect them to be the finalists, maybe croatia if things went there way but not ireland, that said imo they have a better chance of winning the euro's in 2012 then the greeks did in portugal and we all know what happened then so i'd have to say yes, that's realistic even if it's abit flukey. (plus you've got to remeber the irish should have been at the world cup and probably would have been if it wasn't for henry)

England win games against good sides quite regularly on my game.

England win games against good sides quite regularly on my game.

They've been destroying all comers on my save.

On the other hand, it's 2012 and they're still playing a 4-4-2.

Shakhtar making it to the finals of the CL in the 2nd season.

That's a bit weird, ain't it?

Mata is an absoloute beast for me so yes I would say its pretty realistic ;)

CSKA beating Barça to the CL title in the first season doesn't sound too realistic if I'm honest.

Well it seems realistic gameplay wise. I'm Torquay, and recently made it to the Championship, thumped Peterborough 5-0 and just now drew with Blackpool 2-2. But I don't know if that would happen in RL as I took charge of a team I know absolutely nothing about whatsoever-never heard of any of the players before. Which makes it even the more satisfying. But I should mention it's the 2013 season.

Burnley beat Leicester to win the fa cup in the first season, they beat Man City in the semi finals aswell Haha..things like this just make me want to play the game more

dont forget greece won in 2004 i think that was a shock, and on all fm games i find porto allways win the CL every 5 of so years which stumps me as i usualy rob all their best players :/

Well. sometimes yes, sometimes not. BUT with Dortmund, I did beat Schalke by 8-0 in the supercup. I had just made the tactic and had like 2 friendlies before. So.. quite odd.

I don't think it really is that realistic. In reality incredibly attacking tactics don't always produce great results- defensive teams often win throughout time, but on FM attacking tactics seem much better.

You are indeed right maxy. I've noticed that before, with Benfica I use a super attacking 4132 tactic that can beat even the strongest teams, I use overload and I don't conceed many goals ^^

i agree with that, if you try to play defensively you seem to concede more? attack ftw!