tommyd150

Reaction score
started a game with Everton played 10games won 3 drew 4 lost 3 i lost to Man u man city and west brom...i drew with chelsea and liverpool and beat Arsenal...and got sack sitting in 9th? is it just me or is that silly... and the game seeems alot harder than any other FM like even man utd and chelsea lose like 4-0 to hull etc

I'd say it's one of the hardest simply because no one has been able to create a super tactic that can batter the M.E.
Last year you could use tactickz Grid system with any team and your striker would score 60+ goals with a **** team and 100+ goals from a striker at a top club.
On FM13 a tactic that worked great for say Man City is unlikely to work the same for say Wycombe.

Having a tactic that works great on every team is like cheating (personal opinion). It's better this way. Although i am also a bit frustrated that i got sacked once in the middle of the season while i was 6th with a 4th place finish media prediction team. I guess they didn't like my style :D

it's not harder it's more challenging, on FM 12 you could use the same tactic all the time for so many years and win every team, but in FM 13 teams tend to find your weakness as they do in real life

if you want to be successful with any team try studying the opposition tactics find what there tactics are losing more against for instant if you play Man u they always use 4-2-3-1 so try and find the best tactic to counter this kind same goes with other tactics like 4-5-1, 4-4-2, 4-3-3 there's always a tactic to counter these styles

its not just that the transfers are so silly aswell...walcott to Man utd for £43.5million! and i was trying to sign Forster for Everton he wanted 120k a week! but its just like say Hull just got prom they should be in a relagtion battle eaily but their beatin united chelsea etc would happen. i like that its abit harder but its just gettin sacked after 10games just isnot gonna happen

its not just that the transfers are so silly aswell...walcott to Man utd for £43.5million! and i was trying to sign Forster for Everton he wanted 120k a week! but its just like say Hull just got prom they should be in a relagtion battle eaily but their beatin united chelsea etc would happen. i like that its abit harder but its just gettin sacked after 10games just isnot gonna happen

Unless you're chelsea.

In almost every game I play now, LFC-marshall's newest updates, Walcott gets sold to Manu for 40 million pounds, and arsenal do NOTHING with the money, ha.

In almost every game I play now, LFC-marshall's newest updates, Walcott gets sold to Manu for 40 million pounds, and arsenal do NOTHING with the money, ha.

Arsenal doing nothing with their massive funds? Seems realistic to me

Arsenal signed fellani Ryan shawcross and some1 else for 15million spent like 52mil

Arsenal signed Giacherrini, Wanyama, Subotic and Fellaini in my 1st season and haven't sold anyone of note. Though they did finish 5th in the end lol

if you want to be successful with any team try studying the opposition tactics find what there tactics are losing more against for instant if you play Man u they always use 4-2-3-1 so try and find the best tactic to counter this kind same goes with other tactics like 4-5-1, 4-4-2, 4-3-3 there's always a tactic to counter these styles

Aint no body got time for dat!!

Btw the game isnt getting more harder, its the players that being more dumb, they never follows the tactic rules & plays like they want to play

started a game with Everton played 10games won 3 drew 4 lost 3 i lost to Man u man city and west brom...i drew with chelsea and liverpool and beat Arsenal...and got sack sitting in 9th? is it just me or is that silly... and the game seeems alot harder than any other FM like even man utd and chelsea lose like 4-0 to hull etc

What season expectations did you agree to and what was your starting rep. Sitting 9th with Everton could very well get you the boot if you have opted for fininsh 1-4th, especially if yuou have started with a low reputation ( like automatic) ?

As a short answer: Yes, its much harder than FM12 if one used tactics that exploited the Match Engine in that version. Regarding other teams loosing to minor teams, I found that they did that in FM12 to.

Also: Please stay on topic in this thread. Dont post about any bugs etc as this is not a rant thread.

Last edited: