Is football becoming a game for ******* ?

mjo23

Reaction score
You know over the last year when I've been watching games on the telly I can't believe half of the things teams are getting free kicks for, a wee tug at a shirt, an accidental arm across the face, players falling over there own feet, this is turning the game into a disaster, I have to say I can't enjoy watching a football match as much as i used to back in the days of Beckham as a young kid at Man Utd. Cantona taking fly kicks at an abusive fan, brilliant. Now a watch a match the whistle blows every 3mins average, players floating about the park as if theyve just came from the sunbeds, spray tan salons and beauty parlors. Bring back the Roy Keanes and Vinnie Jones type of players, get rid of the fake bake ronaldos of the game.

Anyway main point here is football is now an over controlled game, with too many rules, its no longer fun to watch, I used to love switching over and watching games like Newcastle vs Sunderland etc, now I couldnt watch any game unless it involves 1 of the big four, its just no fun.

Well if you want players constantly getting hurt and injured thats fine.... go watch Rugby.
But it seems other aswell as the players don't want it so suck it.

The game is losing the physicality, which I agree is a big shame. At least we're not quite as bad as the Spanish leagues where diving is almost hailed as part of the game...

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Well if you want players constantly getting hurt and injured thats fine.... go watch Rugby.

If you want to watch a sport with no contact go watch netball.

Allowing the physicality to stay in the game doesn't mean that you have to allow dangerous play like two footed lunges and elbowing.

Nah mate, a wee tug of the shirt aint gonna hurt anyone, a wee slight hand across the face aint gonna hurt anyone, the reason this has been posted is I just saw an obstruction by Wilshere against Gardner yet the ref gave the free kick to Arsenal ? WTF and I am an Arsenal fan lol

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

If you want to watch a sport with no contact go watch netball.

lol quality

Players don't get constantly hurt and injured in rugby. Some players in football atm should man up but then there are players like Nemanja Vidic :wub:

i agree with this point football is a ment to have contact sure look at when english football was the best in like the 60,s 70's back when even if you had a broken neck youd get up and keep playing and would still have no excuse for playin badly but now even an injury like a stubbed toe is keeping players out for a few days id get hit for using that as an excuse in any other sport , now a fair point was raised that players can get injured badly but so what they get pampered as it is and if someone gives em a good kicking so what just be happy its another player and not a fan who kicks them for using the stubbed toe excuse

seems **** of an easy job to be earning £70k a week and be out for a month with a stubbed toe lol, I play football semi pro, played pro when i was younger but tore my ligaments in my leg, a real injury. Any injury I sustain wether it be a broken finger, a staved wrist or whatever I am willing to play but the boss and coaches dont let you until its fully healed, its becoming a joke. The FA are just too strict on the game now and its making the sport boring. How exciting it used to be watching champions league qualifiers on Eurosport years ago of english teams vs teams you've never heard of, now id only watch one of the top 4 in the final or semi finals as its just simply not exciting anymore

I agree that the physical side of the game has wiltered over the last 5/10 years but I don't think that football overall is becoming less physical it is just certain "football" players who have tarnished the reputation of the Sport by diving , unsportsmanship etc.
The likes of "C.Ronaldo , Nani , Gillardino and many others sadly " disgust me when they're playing , rolling around on the floor from the slightest touch and the bad thing is , referee's protect them.
If Cristiano Ronaldo is running with the ball and goes down , 9/10 the referee will award the free-kick/penalty.

I just hate how everything seems to be a foul now, I hear about stories when football in the 70's/80's was proper hardcore, now even shoulder barges seem to be fouls.
I hate divers also, so they should get a red card. XD

seems **** of an easy job to be earning £70k a week and be out for a month with a stubbed toe lol, I play football semi pro, played pro when i was younger but tore my ligaments in my leg, a real injury. Any injury I sustain wether it be a broken finger, a staved wrist or whatever I am willing to play but the boss and coaches dont let you until its fully healed, its becoming a joke. The FA are just too strict on the game now and its making the sport boring. How exciting it used to be watching champions league qualifiers on Eurosport years ago of english teams vs teams you've never heard of, now id only watch one of the top 4 in the final or semi finals as its just simply not exciting anymore

I play Sunday League too (albeit in the U'14's XD) but even at the age of 13/14 , the game is more physical than if your watching a Spanish or Italian league game.
I also go watch my Dad's Pub team play on a Saturday sometimes and would love to see Ronaldo join in one of their games , see how long he lasts before being "injured".

Tell that to yaya toure or walter samuel, or even Vinnie Jones. They would pwn you

Some players are just worried about losing millions.

Some players just want free kicks

Some players just don't give a **** and will spank your *** back to your crib.

I haven't seen too many games where pussification is the norm. It's usually frowned upon, although in some cases they get away with it. Happens in most sports throughout the world

Well think the FA need to stop being so strict and worrying about players getting injured thats part of the ****** game, whats not part of the game is referees awarding fouls for anything

it is a bit annoying how football is becoming quite wimpy for the most part nowadays. ince, butcher, etc, they just took it like men and carried on. now you cant even have blood on your shirt. pah.

it is a bit annoying how football is becoming quite wimpy for the most part nowadays. ince, butcher, etc, they just took it like men and carried on. now you cant even have blood on your shirt. pah.

I'd say 50% of the guys I play soccer with are patsies. Fun running them over and watching them squeal though!

well i play CB for my club
and i love a good old scrap with tackles flying in