Dodds

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm pretty new to all this so just a quick one to start a little debate, Do we think FM14 is just too easy?

Reasons for me possibly thinking this my first save on the game I started with Southend, league 2 predicted mid to bottom half of table, we'll I got them promoted ! Great but just hoping the game isn't way to easy!

Whats your thoughts?

If you have a good system, you'll tear the lower leagues apart. Wait until you get to the Premier when you don't have the money to compete while trying to stay up: That's where the challenge comes in.

Yeah could see that happening, I play with the top leagues playable Spain,Italy,France,Germany and holland, so normally as of fm13 I use to leave my start team for well established european team before I got to prem! Think will stick this out and take Southend to premiership!

Yeah could see that happening, I play with the top leagues playable Spain,Italy,France,Germany and holland, so normally as of fm13 I use to leave my start team for well established european team before I got to prem! Think will stick this out and take Southend to premiership!

i always do a southend game as my main save but i wont be starting till after january update then that will take me through to fm 15 to be fair the have qite a good squad for league 2 but its always a challenge after due to small stadium and **** finances good luck

Yeah but do you normally get them promoted and promoted and eventually to the champions league? Resulting in the game being a bit too easy?

first two seasons i normally get bk to bk promtoins or very close but find championship is a struggle usually just about survive first season but than i get job offers from lot bigger clubs and temptation becomes to much lol plus i get ****** off because freddy eastwood cant cut it at that level and i really want him in the team lol

Yeah I sold Eastwood well almost gave him away! Massively underperformed all season! Promoted with some really good loan deals! Gonna try and find some good solid experienced players for next season! Possession & passining play! :) Southend Barcelona of lower league ha :)

Its not the easiest or hardest FM but by far the most inconsistent

I take it back it isn't too easy!! In my opinion anyway, restarted my save with logo pack ect and again started with Southend, went about it pretty much the same but really struggling to put together a string of results! .... Back to drawing board

I honestly believe i could win the league with any premier league side within 3 seasons its that easy. It's better when you first get the game and you don't know all the wonderkids

Edit: And i think most people on this forum could aswell.

Last edited:
If you're finding England too easy, you can always try another country for a new challenge.
For example, in MLS you can't just sign wonderkids and you have to battle all the weird draft and salary cap rules.

Suppose that's why I always start in league 2 and always make my own tactic and training up, add a bit more to the game, never check for good regens on here or other forums, suppose you can make it as tuff or easy as u like

Knowing all the wonderkids isn't going to do you any good when you can't buy them. I personally never try to buy anyone in my first season anyway as I want to see how my tactics perform with an exisitng squad. Unless, there are huge obvious gaps in positions where I need a DM and my team has none but I will probably pick another team then