sesc

Reaction score
im in 2016 with anderlecht. i jus won the league last season... and at the start of the 2016-17 season... ive been offered the vitesse job since their manger just retired ... im confused... i d like to move from anderlecht..bcoz ive won the league, the belgian cup and the super cup..and there is nothin else to win..i was hoping to get a job offer from ajax ..they havent won the league since 2012... and mayb take them to a league win..but their manager's job is secured...and now being offered the vitesse job... i was thinkin..wud it b a step down if i were to join them ?? both anderlecht and vitesse are reputated 3 stars...so.. i jus cant make up my mind ... any opinions out there ??

I definitely think it is mate, no offense to them though!

also, how many times have you won the league with Anderlecht? only once in 4 years?

You could look at it two ways- 1. They are a worse team than you and wont be playing at as high a stage in Europe as you, plus you have a secure job at Anderlect or 2. You have won all you can in Belgium and need a new challenge, you could take that job and build up your reputation in Holland which could increase your chances of getting the Ajax job in the future, its a risk but

I definitely think it is mate, no offense to them though!

also, how many times have you won the league with Anderlecht? only once in 4 years?

well..i started off with fc brussels in the belgian second division.. won the league that year and got promoted... 2nd season...i won the belgian cup with fc brussels and sumhow escaped relegation...3rd season..around late november..the anderlecht boss was sacked...i applied for the job and got it surprisingly... that season i won the belgian cup with anderlecht...and finished 3rd in the league bcoz it was pretty difficult to pick them up since they had only 9 points after about 13 or 14 odd games..4th season ..i won the super cup and the league.. got knocked out of europa league tho...ya.. thats about it.. now in the 2016-17 season..i want a change.. i was thinkin whether to go for the europa league with anderlecht or join vitesse and get a new challenge in holland... ofcourse...they have that sugar-daddy chairman :p

I would kind of say its a sidestep, try and win more for you
Cv. Then youre more employable, dont forget you have strong
Facilities so perhaps bring through young guns
If your budget is small!

You are one of those people i just can't help but like.

If you wanna manage a club like Ajax outside Belgium, i think u should move. U will have a chance to show yourself in Holland, and then a club like Ajax might show interest. Right now u are manager of the largest club in your current country, so u cant go any further there.

Take the job and show them what u can do outside Belgium.

I personally would take the move.. As long as you're offered a pretty decent budget and still have Wilfried Bony in your ranks. If you are successful with Vitesse it will get you closer to the Ajax job, and it won't do any harm for your manager to start learning the language before you take over at the countries biggest club!

So yeah, I'd take it as long as the conditions at the club weren't a mess. But IMO it is a step down in terms of club reputation and European standing.. However the Dutch league and the standard of player you can sign is marginally better.

well...thanks for all the opinions... really appreciate...ive decided to stick to anderlecht... i ll put more emphasis on continental competition this season... Vitesse offered me a budget of only 6.5M and Wilfred Bony joined QPR a couple of years back...Piet Velthuizen is also gone...so..apart from Van Ginkel...no real ups in the side..and not enough budget to build either..so .. ill stay at anderlecht for the time being..my contract runs out at the end of this season ..so..lets see where it takes me... hoping Ajax have a bad run of games in the upcoming season... :p .. i ll take that job anytime during the season..that ll b a dream come true.. !!

and one other thing.. not related.. but i was jus curious if any one of you came across this player called " Herve Mathijs"... he s an absolute beast !! plays CB or LB with equal ability... young...tall..strong..fast..i prefer playing him as a CB.. heres a screenshot of him in 2016... Cheers everyone !!

similair stats to bernard malanda

you had to face malanda yet? hes a tank!

similair stats to bernard malanda

you had to face malanda yet? hes a tank!

yes.. i was following malanda during my fc brussels era...but he was bought by S.Liege..i dint hav enuf money... :( ... hes a tank awryt !!

Definately a step-down, i would only have considered it if Bony was still there, i'd just wait for the next job offer to come along

It's a step down, but I personally would have taken the Vitesse job. If you think you can achieve bigger things with Anderlecht such as multiple trophies, or even European glory, then go for it! If you think you've achieved everything you can at Anderlecht, I'd have made the move to Holland. While Vitesse may seem a step down in the beginning, I think they'd have more room for potential to grow, and increasing your rep in Holland can only help you get closer to the Ajax job than it would you staying in Belgium.

I'm very goal driven when it comes to deciding who I want to manage. If I think I've achieved everything I can with a club, or won everything possible Mourinho style, that's when I may start to look elsewhere, or look for a higher rep job. That's just me though. :)