Is it advantage have selected leages non playable but view-only at the start?

tigertailz001

Reaction score
Is it advantage have selected leagues non playable but view-only at the start?, if you don't plan to manage a club from those leagues that you selected to be view-only. Or is it just a personal choice? to view leagues. I usually select all players in database section approx. 312,000 players etc. I know the game can be slow with all players loaded, but I prefer to plenty of choices for players, specially as I like to play in the lower leagues. For example if I pick UK & Ireland leagues, but only have the English leagues are playable and Scottish, Northern Irish, Southern Irish and Welsh leagues view-only because don't want to manage those leagues, but load up all players, so is there advantage to have view-only leagues?.

Last edited:
I don't know if I have answered my own question?, studying game it look like it could a disadvantage to have leagues view-only if the leagues similar to the standard of your league?, because noticed some players I usually go for get snap up others clubs?. Does anyone else have a opinion?.

there is no disadvantage mate, having it set as view only will only have the 1st team players selected for the DB and of course, you are unable to manage!

Having it set to playable will fill the teams up from 1st to U/18's etc...

start a new game and test it, choose all nations then one by one select view only and you will see the player count drop...

And second to lower leagues have many teams without the full first squad, unless you make sure to choose the appropriate custom database options.