Is it ever possible to sign a player from your rivals?

Dazron

Reaction score

Seems to me that the rivals system in FM11 is a little 'over-coded' and that it's utterly impossible to sign a player from your rivals? IF so it's a real miss, I would love to steal Wayne Rooney from United (I'm playing as Man City and have won everything the last four seasons, and I mean everything!).

Also they have an absolutely incredible re-gen that I simply must have, he's even playing for me in the World Cup:

View attachment 193700

If a player is unhappy at the club, then it shouldn't be a problem. It has happened to me before. I was managing Barcelona, and needed a new striker to play up front with Villa. Looked on the search section, and Higuain was on there. He was unhappy at Madrid cos he wasn't getting played. Made a £8.5M bid for him (his value at the time), bid and contract offer was accepted and he said he was 'pleased to join the club'.

Yeh I guess under those circumstances... not likely to happen to Rooney or to that High Pot Wonderkid though... I wonder if Transfer Speculation spamming might work?!

I signed Henderson and Mignolet from Sunderland, but it takes a bit of luck and right timing. Expect to pay more than other teams though

Like StuW said, you'll probably have to pay a fair bit more and then just a bit of luck/good timing to get them to sign.
Most players like Rooney that have been there a few years will pretty much always refuse unless they're unhappy at the club.

If a player is unhappy at the club, then it shouldn't be a problem. It has happened to me before. I was managing Barcelona, and needed a new striker to play up front with Villa. Looked on the search section, and Higuain was on there. He was unhappy at Madrid cos he wasn't getting played. Made a £8.5M bid for him (his value at the time), bid and contract offer was accepted and he said he was 'pleased to join the club'.

Agree. On two different save games, I was able to sign Sergio Ramos from R.Madrid, Sergio Aguero from At.Madrid and Juan Mata from Valencia. Well, all of them are unhappy with their squad and I was able to poach them out there for less.

Ive managed to sign players from Manchester United, Welbeck and Macheda for my Everton save, yet when im United i can never sign Rodwell, Coleman, Duffy or Baxter. Bit over coded though, could never sign Phil Jones for United and look at what team hes at in real life now.