Is it just me? Or does FM2011 uses quite a lot of ram?

bjdarkblue

Reaction score
I have about 2gb of ram, and FM 2011 uses about 800mb(40%).It doesn't seem like a lot, but with FM running, I pretty much have ram usage percentage at 80+%. I remember back in the old days with 08 and such, I used to play Dynasty Warriors whilst FM was running in the background :p

Yes but each new version of the game becomes more demanding. They cant add all the features without making the game more power hungry. I run with 6gb ram FTW :)

it normal man. all games will demand higher in the following years.

It does use a lot of ram because of the size and the need the game needs to run, but you can free up ram using things like; Advanced System Care, help run your game and PC smoothly. :)

Ive got 3GB ram, and it doesn't seem to be using much more than 5%, but loading up large databases with 4 or 5 nations, and all leagues loaded can seriously slow your computer down on 3GB, i tend not to load so many leagues and nations... that might be what slows it down

edit: Im using 61% all together, that's 99 processes, over 200 services, and my wi-fi uses about 0.5% as well. So it all adds up tbh. Also, it could be your processor speed, i've got a 1.8ghz intel dual core, and even if im using loads of RAM, things tend to run fast... so it could be your processor speed as well.

Last edited:
shrug, guess I should just get more ram when FM2012 comes out:S

also depend on what OS are u using. i have vista, and yes it eats RAMs, so i use Advance system care tourbo boost program fbefore playing any game and will save me 60% of ram.

*i have 2 gb ram.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

It does use a lot of ram because of the size and the need the game needs to run, but you can free up ram using things like; Advanced System Care, help run your game and PC smoothly. :)

turn on the turbo boost program , and it will do wonders for ur PC.

I had vista before, but switched to win7. I'll try advance system care and see how it goes, thnx guys.