Is it just me?

SaintSinner

Nov 27, 2008
buzzativ.com
I sometime simulate the first season, after returning from the holiday, i resume my role as manager. this gives an outlook of the team and how they perform. which players can play and who should be shown the door. and most importantly, you could see change in stats for many players. if you see a youngsters without much improvements within one season, who could sell him or loan out. does anybody go on holiday for the first season?

cmh9090

Jan 24, 2009
lol, not for me cos the risk is too great as im using relegation battlers or mid table clubs most of the time and dont wanna end up getting relegated, though i'd tried it once with tottenham and finished 6th. what team are you using anyway?

Apr 19, 2009
i also do this if im in a lower league, i complete any transfers and simulate til christmas, then sim til summer, it helps me to get a view of my team and make a better decison for the following years

Joe

Oct 10, 2009
i only go on holiday internationally to pass the time, dont wanna sit there forever waiting

SaintSinner

Nov 27, 2008
buzzativ.com
i also do this if im in a lower league, i complete any transfers and simulate til christmas, then sim til summer, it helps me to get a view of my team and make a better decison for the following years
yeah thats what i meant. it helps you recognise who will perform well and who wont. it also helps shortlisting players and get some new signings in your weaker areas.
its doesnt work for a relegation battling team, but for a decent top half finishing team its a good approach for a long successful management.

IanC

Feb 18, 2009
I might try this out sometime. You could be onto something with this.

Riko_deco

Dec 7, 2008
hmm i get your point if view, because it would be like taking over a team at the end of the season, the new manager could obviously look at the previouse season to check how players are playing etc. personally id do it without a club assigned then pick a new club for the new season. thx great idea and post :)

SaintSinner

Nov 27, 2008
buzzativ.com
And going on holiday is the exact opposite of being a football manager
nobody is taking away the fact of you being the manager. its just a simple tactic for the players and you to get along. it will set the tone and players will adapt it quickly. thats all we are saying.