Is it possible to create a tactic that can auto-change formation during the match?

asaren

Reaction score
Hello All,

I would like to try to create Pep's Mancity tactic which is 4-4-2 when defense(opposition has ball) and change to 3-2-5 when attack(team has ball), but it was unsuccessfull at all.

Is it possible to create a tactic like that in FM16?

Thank you

Hello All,

I would like to try to create Pep's Mancity tactic which is 4-4-2 when defense(opposition has ball) and change to 3-2-5 when attack(team has ball), but it was unsuccessfull at all.

Is it possible to create a tactic like that in FM16?

Thank you
Of course it's possible. The easiest would be to have a Halfback who drops in between the defenders in possession. The rest is just roles and duties, depending on what exactly you want.

Of course it's possible. The easiest would be to have a Halfback who drops in between the defenders in possession. The rest is just roles and duties, depending on what exactly you want.

Thank you WJ. I tried that too. Halfback role does oppositely- it will be operate as defensive midfielder when team has the ball and drop deep as sweeper/central defender when team lose ball. And wingbacks/inverted wingback with cut-inside&stay narrow won't go central in the midfield at all- i dont know why.

In Pep's tactic, the team formation is start with 442, but when team have the ball, wingbacks will move inside to operate as two defensive midfielders. While one of central/defensive midfilders will drop deep to be central denfender. If this can not be done. I think i gonna try Conte's Italy tactic whihc change between 442 and 352.

Thank you WJ. I tried that too. Halfback role does oppositely- it will be operate as defensive midfielder when team has the ball and drop deep as sweeper/central defender when team lose ball. And wingbacks/inverted wingback with cut-inside&stay narrow won't go central in the midfield at all- i dont know why.

In Pep's tactic, the team formation is start with 442, but when team have the ball, wingbacks will move inside to operate as two defensive midfielders. While one of central/defensive midfilders will drop deep to be central denfender. If this can not be done. I think i gonna try Conte's Italy tactic whihc change between 442 and 352.
A halfback doesn't do as you describe.

Inverted wingers aren't supposed to be midfielders. They're supposed to work similar to inside forwards, cutting in when running with the ball. You won't be able to re-create that.