is it possible to manage both a club and international team w/o selecting at start?

Reaction score
I've been playing a few years on different saves now, but I cannot get an international job for my life... I've won 4 CLs/4 league titles with Bayern in 5 years, but my job applications for international management are never successful... do i have to do something to unlock it first? Any advice?

No I applied for the Portugal job and got it in my porto save... I was in 2020, had won the league every year apart from one from the start, won the champions league once and the Europa league also. You just have to be successful I suppose?

Depends a lot on your nationality and what club you're at. Higher rep of you and the club you're a lot along with the same nationality I find helps a lot.

Don't expect to get top jobs easily though, took me until 2022 to get the Italy job after doing very well at a number of clubs.

I got Ivory Coast and Portugal as Soon as I applied.

Wigan manager, finished 3rd

Just keep being successful over a long period of time.

However, unless you remove a folder from the game's program files it is impossible to manage Germany due to licensing issues. I mention this as you are managing a German club - have you created a German manager? This may reduce your options.

I was offered England and Brazil whilst at Arsenal and Luton, so you can manage both. Although I am put off it by previous FMs, where if you managed a national team you stopped being able to see scout reports on a players profile! (Don't know if they fixed that or not in FM13....?)

Just keep being successful over a long period of time.

However, unless you remove a folder from the game's program files it is impossible to manage Germany due to licensing issues. I mention this as you are managing a German club - have you created a German manager? This may reduce your options.

I actually believe I am german in the game. As well as Ivory coast, lol. But yes, i have removed those files.

Yep I've gotten many jobs while managing wolves I've managed wolves and Russia Scotland England France span and Italy (russia for like 2 weeks) but its completely possiable

I manage Liverpool and I applied for the England job in my second season and got it. So I think you have just been unlucky