Is it possible to re-create an .fmf file?

flobster

Reaction score
Hi all,

My problem is that I downloaded this file: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3444

And when I did put it where it belonged, it said that there were a newer filed, called "Panels.fmf" but I overwrote it anyway.

But now when I open up FM, there is no panels in the game what so ever, when i click the start a new game button, the window where I would choose the db is not showing, and when I load an old save game there is no text showing where i need to see the news in the game.

So my question would be if it is at all possible to re-create a panels.fmf file? Or do i need to wait for a new update? (I don't know if they contain a panels.fmf file) or do I have to un-install the game and re-install to get the proper panels.fmf file?

Really hope there is somebody who can help me out there :)

Thanks

Did you place it in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011?

I have the feeling you may have placed it in the game's program files folder.

I' m the author of that file BTW. In case you didn't notice :p

Did you place it in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011?

I have the feeling you may have placed it in the game's program files folder.

I' m the author of that file BTW. In case you didn't notice :p

Wow your like a mind reader!

That was what I did, DOH

And yeah noticed now you are the author of the file, fantastic to have the author able to help out :D

Wow your like a mind reader!

That was what I did, DOH

And yeah noticed now you are the author of the file, fantastic to have the author able to help out :D
No problem. The only thing it isn't selectable from the Custom DB dialogue. It is not really such a big issue though as most of the time it will make more players available than a custom DB, depending on what you select obviously, but it takes much less effort ;)

No problem. The only thing it isn't selectable from the Custom DB dialogue. It is not really such a big issue though as most of the time it will make more players available than a custom DB, depending on what you select obviously, but it takes much less effort ;)

So I removed the file to the folder you mentioned, but because the panels.fmf file is still missing from the original folder it won't show anything still. Do you have any idea of what to do

Thanks for all your help deeply appreciated (H)

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:31 AM ----------

I finally managed to get this fixed

A HUGE and MASSIVE thank you has to go to Tharros, cause without him I would still be completely lost!

Thank you :)