lil82

Reaction score
I have the latest version of fm 13 and a updated transfer list along with a skin I really like. Is it worth me binning all this off to start playing an early bugged version of fm 14 or is there enough differences between the two to warrant me getting it on release date

Well, FM 14 also has updated transfer lists, and there are already skins out there. So the only valid argument left is bugs, which I feel there are less of this year than last year. Also it includes lots of new features, especially the whole remake of the tactics system. If you're an FM fan, you should probably consider buying it.

thanks . whats the press conferences like and interation with managers . ive found it the same last few years and always send assistant

thanks for the feedback. you've charmed me

thanks . whats the press conferences like and interation with managers . ive found it the same last few years and always send assistant

That has been remade as well. You can no longer call up journalists like some desperate media *****, instead you'll be contacted by the media like in real life. All the manager interactions will happen in the press conferences, where you'll be able to choose between being a good colleague and professional, or an angry *****.

i skipped fm13 in favor of fm12...played fm14 demo and I'm loving it.

Well, I've just finished my first stint after doing an all nighter and here's my thoughts.

The UI is very easy to use-it really can't get any simpler. It's very easy to navigate, and you'll adapt to it very quickly indeed. I found the match engine/graphics to be a lot slicker, no jerkiness involved-in fact it's the best I've seen to date. I didn't see any stupid things being done like dumb backpasses, or defenders not doing what they were supposed to be doing and not bothering to tackle. The ones who hardly tackled were the ones I told to ease off on the tackling in the player instructions. Was just about flawless.

Animations are much better, and there's some nice little touches in there. Like if nothing much happening the goalie bending down and tending to his socks lol-even the corner flag blowing in the wind. Nice stuff. No glitches or anything. And when I had to change things in the match, it was noticeable very quickly which impressed me aswell. for example, my first match against Boston (I'm Stockport) we were 3-0 down. Switched to attacking from balanced (forgot to change it), went route one instruction-basically get the ball forward changed my AMC who was having a pants 2nd half and my striker and we got a goal few minutes, then with 10 mins later it was 3-2 after going to overload. Still lost 5-2 though but I made a cockup. But it's apparent instructions are acted on much quicker. And I find it much better without the sliders and have them replaced by a raft of more realistic instructions and expanded player roles.

Happy with the interaction aswell so can't complain about that-not as boring, and I like the private chats with other managers. Even the presentation during the match I like aswell-it looks a lot neater to me so I'll be sticking with the 3d graphics as usual. Basically it's a game that doesn't immediately suck you in-it does it gradually. I was planning on having only one match-but I'm typing this up during a break. Before you know a lot of time will have passed-that's how good it is. To be honest I can't find anything wrong with this at all. No glitches. No bugs. Nothing. Just an extremely enjoyable game.

This is definately the best in the series for me. Nice one SI

Last edited: