Is it wrong to use the editor??

robisok

Reaction score
Hello i am just wondering after reading a new guys thread and seeing him being slated whether it is wrong to use the editor?? i mean sports interactive didnt put it in the game for nothing i wont lie i have in the past used it myself it is quite fun sometimes to build a dream team almost like having your own abramovich and some people who are new to the game and dont know how to set up tactics might find it easier and more fun to play that way. What gets on my nerves is when people are asking for help and because they are using the editor they are ridiculed i thought this site was here to help people that are struggling it has helped me a lot since i have joined and i dont see any wrong or think any less of someone for using the editor i would just be interested on peoples views on this???

Personally I think it's boring to use it make a dream team, that's what playing the game is for!

However, it's a fantastic tool, I created a team, installed my best mate as ***. Man. made a badge, designed the kits and gave myself a potential superstar who was just a bit average at the start. I think it's great. I also put in **** bleeding as an injury, hilarity ensued! I gave myself epic training facilities, but also gave my club a loan debt equal to the club's worth, I think the editor is all about custom teams, and adding your favourite or local teams, and your local sources of media, or just funny **** you made up!

Editor rules.

- PS Using the editor isn't wrong at all. Thought I'd just make that clear!

Last edited:
Data editor is really good for making custom databases. Iv made loads of different patches which make my FM09 experience even better :p

Is it wrong to use the Editor? No,that's what its there for.

Is it wrong to use the Editor to cheat? No,if that's what you want to do its your game and your choice.

Is it wrong to use the Editor to cheat then come on here asking for help? Yes in my opinion it is,what is the point of helping someone who is going to cheat anyway,a waste of time really.

the thing is, if you use editor, give yourself a new chariman and pump money into the club... then whats wrong with that? if thats cheating... then chelsea and city are cheating in real life then...lol

the thing is, if you use editor, give yourself a new chariman and pump money into the club... then whats wrong with that? if thats cheating... then chelsea and city are cheating in real life then...lol
The guy in question didnt just do that,he put every world superstar in his team,his team was that good Messi was struggling to get in the reserves,he then asked for tactical help because he was struggling to win.

On the subject of the editor..........

Morning All,

This is my 1st time EVER on these forums so bear with me!! Im not sure if this is the correct place but i saw discussions regarding the editor and was hoping someone could help (or at least point me in right direction!!). I like using the editor for the purpose of updating my database to keep it real as poss. Recently when upating i have found that when i load a game the players i have moved values have dropped drastically!! i.e, I moved Gareth Barry to man city using the editor but when i load the game he is at Man City but his value is 150,000!! While i dont believe hes worth the 13m city paid for him, 150k is not realistic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Cheers Lads!

Morning All,

I moved Gareth Barry to man city using the editor but when i load the game he is at Man City but his value is 150,000!!

1. Probably better off posting it in the editing section.

2. I think the drop in value is probably to do with the fact that if you just moved him it's probably viewed as a "free" rather than a transfer. Putting his moving price at 0!

Morning All,

I moved Gareth Barry to man city using the editor but when i load the game he is at Man City but his value is 150,000!! While i dont believe hes worth the 13m city paid for him, 150k is not realistic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Cheers Lads!

Make your start date June instead of July
The German league starts in june btw so u could load that league aswell

Cheers boys,

I apreciate the replys. Ill give your suggestions a go and see what happens. Glen.mack, I have tried both ways of moving the players in the editor including in their playing history. Neither works. Its weird because ive always updated my game the same way with no problems. Cheers tho mate, i do appreciate your help!

In contributing to your discussion....... I think the editor is a handy tool to have and dont see any problem in people using it for whatever reason they see fit. Each to their own i say!