jackzx84

Reaction score
I have never started in a league lower than 3rd tier but am determined to start a lower league save.

Firstly, is it worth it? (H)

Secondly, What team Would be ideal to start with?

I always enjoy it, you need a whole different skill set for lower leagues.

I just did a save with Venezia, I'd suggest them. They are 4th tier (c2/a) Italy. One of the most "attractive" cities in the game with a large population in the Veneto region. Used to be a Serie A/B club who fell on hard times. Small stadium which gives you room to grow. It's the perfect team to build.

It's far more satisfying and will entertain you for far longer in my opinion. In my experience with managing a big club, it's really not challenging and satisfying enough because your expectations each and every year are to simply win everything, and more often than not you accomplish that. It becomes super redundant very quickly because there is simply nothing left to play for except finding quality regens and turning them into world class players.

With a LLM team, you feel a far greater sense of accomplishment. I can't tell you how awesome it was when I got my 8th level Rugby Town to the Premier Division. I think everyone should give it a shot to see how fun it is to have SERIOUS gameplay limitations in terms of transfers and salaries. It requires a much more hands on approach to find the perfect players and staff for cheap, and it feels great when you find those lower league gems. This may sound weird, but you also feel more of a connection to your players, because when they perform well you feel proud in the sense that you put in the time and effort to find that player.

I'm currently wrapping up the 2017-2018 season with Rugby and I still want to keep playing. I still have goals of winning the Premiership, qualifying for a Euro cup, and hopefully one day winning the Champion's Cup. I'd recommend starting no higher than Blue Square North/South to get a real LLM experience where you have absolutely no transfer budget and have a terrible payroll. If you have the patience, I actually suggest starting as low as I did (requires a database download and goes down to level 11) or maybe one level up (7--one below BSN/S

i suggest downloading the 7th and 8th tier, their always my longest saves!
FC UNITED!!!

Cheers, you persuaded me! But what is the lowest tier without any downloads?

I'll start a save tomorrow and see who I fancy, thanks for your help :D

I agree, a much greater sense of accomplishment such as just keeping your job. I have an older English save going but wanted to try something new so I started at UD Serra in the Portuguese 2nd Division. Crowds of 50-60 grew to a massive 150-200 consisting of mostly away fans. You really have to work at this when you have $0 transfer budget and 3 highly overpaid and under qualified staffers. Transfers are all basically free as players have no real value beyond the price of a bus fare. Somehow though pulling out a 1-0 win against another awful team is more nerve wracking and exciting than having a big club stomp all over everyone. I can't help but cry and laugh as the back pass goes through the goalie's legs for an own-goal and later feel a real sense of accomplishment as over the season they eventually learn not to simply trip over the ball or jack it all over the field with no purpose. This is way more challenging than a BSS/BSN/BSP team where they seem to be better players (no offense intended to anyone who happens to be Portuguese, this is just how this particular game seems to play out). Now if only more people would pay the $3 ticket price I might be able to get that great $100 a week midfielder!

I would recommend Alfreton. At the start of the first season they are predicted to finish first and have 7k/week wage fund. The chairman is also looking to leave so you might strike it lucky and have someone with a few pound to come in.

Unfortunately for me I got a former director and he has invested nothing.

Currently in my 5th season with the club and sitting 9th in league 1 after 8 games or so.

I have to agree with all the replies, LLM is the best way (for me) to play this game. My main save is still an FC United game using the 3rd party database expansion that will go all the way to Level 10/11.

Currently I have FC United in 2024 in their 2nd year in the Premiership. We finished 17th in the 1st year, so just barely avoid the relegation battle. Tracking 15th-16th in late Feb 2024 so looking great in the 2nd year, just about to play the FA Cup quarterfinal against Wolves. Made it to the quarter finals of the League Cup.

This was the first year of my first double digit millions player purchase...spent about $21Mil on a Defender. Everything leading up to that was under 10 Mil. Just to contrast as others have pointed out......starting out.....no transfer budget at all. It's a great experience slowly getting to spend say $4.5k on a player. Then a year later it might be $10k.

One big thing to anticipate.....my stadium is tiny compared to the other premiership teams.....my board was forced to expand it from 10k to 12k when we got promoted. Oh and you're TV revenue will go through the roof that first year you get promoted......like one year I'm getting 1 Million TV rights spread into monthly payments, but then 1st year in premiership I'm getting 66 Million/year. I definitely splurged that first year to try to make sure we could stay in the Premiership.

Good times.....still loving that save.

peace.

cmdrimmer