Is Lukas Jutkiewicz good enough for the Premiership?

bigjim1996

Reaction score
I somehow managed to get Coventry City promoted and he was my leading scorer with about 25 goals playing as a lone striker. I assume most of you know more about FM then me so do you think he would be good enough to be my main striker and help keep me up or would I have to buy somebody else and use him as a back-up?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I doubt it, although you did well getting promoted so anything is possible, must have a good tactic.

Have you been given a budget yet for the prem?

Yeah, I have £4M. I can get Billy Sharp for £1.2M, would he be a better bet than Jutkiewicz?

How are Burnley doing? If they are doing rubbish, how much will they sell Jay Rodrieguez for? I'd rate him certainly better than Jutkiewicz, but I don't know where he rates in comparison to Sharp.

I would rate Sharp as a better goalscorer than Jutkiewicz, however Jutkiewicz obviously plays well in you tactics and is well suited, while Sharp maynot be. It would be silly to change your tactics to suit Sharp, unless you are looking at changing the style of how your team play to suit the premiership eg defensive, counter attacking.

Yeah, I have £4M. I can get Billy Sharp for £1.2M, would he be a better bet than Jutkiewicz?

just get quintero for £3M, he is so much more worth it than any other striker you could get for that price.

Quintero is a good shout.

Look for Jan Chramosta, plays in one of the czech leagues, absolute beast for me in my Wigan save!

Thanks for the feedback (Y)

Lucas Barrios plays for Dortmund, there is no chance i'd get him for Coventry lol. Quintero joined Rangers so he'd cost more money then I have now, thanks for the suggestion though, he's a great player.

Jan Chramosta is not in my game. I've bid for Welbeck on loan anyway, he should be far better than Jutkiewicz, hopefully he actually comes though.

Last edited:
thats a good choice. None of the names mentioned apart from Barrios obviously were really good enough for premiership (after the first year). Just make sure you buy quality, not quantity and you'll get there eventually, came 5th in my second season with Leicester in the Prem :)

I say if he scored 25 goals for you in the Championship, stick with him. By all means go for Sharp as well and then you have an alternative option if things don't work out.

You can get David Trezeguet on a free. I got him on my Leicester save and he was my best goalscorer.

How are Burnley doing? If they are doing rubbish, how much will they sell Jay Rodrieguez for? I'd rate him certainly better than Jutkiewicz, but I don't know where he rates in comparison to Sharp.

Jay Rodriguez has done decent in my first season back in the EPL with west ham, got something like 15 goals and 13 assists (havent been on the save for a while) so i would defiantly recommend him