I don't think it's impossible.Ive just finnished my 1st season.I let afew players go out on loan like assaidi,downing,Suso and some other youngsters and sold Johnson to Chelsea for 22 mill but 12 mill was installments.I brought in Diame 3.5 and Hamsik and had to change my budget slightly for him as he was 25 mill in installments.I felt I had to get someone like him to challenge for a champs league spot.

I managed to Finnish 4 th and I finnished with 15 mill in the red.they have gave me 34.5 mill as a transfer budget for the 2nd season

I don't think it's impossible.Ive just finnished my 1st season.I let afew players go out on loan like assaidi,downing,Suso and some other youngsters and sold Johnson to Chelsea for 22 mill but 12 mill was installments.I brought in Diame 3.5 and Hamsik and had to change my budget slightly for him as he was 25 mill in installments.I felt I had to get someone like him to challenge for a champs league spot.

I managed to Finnish 4 th and I finnished with 15 mill in the red.they have gave me 34.5 mill as a transfer budget for the 2nd season

Well done mate, thats good news, very nice to hear, and only 15m in the red? does your balance include the sponsorships at the end of the season? also i tried to flog kohnson, offered him out at 30m but got only 11.5m measly offers!

I had 55 mill after the tv and stuff.I sold off all the deadwood like spearing assaidi and Carroll plus loans for downing etc and brought in neymar,facundo farreyra and moussa dembele(3.5 mill)

I had the same problem at the start mate . I had next to nothing money with Liverpool I managed to get about 12 mill out of my budget and I just waited until January and did my best to get someone but no one would come so I went my first year with out buying anyone, first year at Liverpool is hard but if you grind it out until the next year your get around 40mill , which is what I received and I got rid of some fringe players like downing, spearing, carrol , which helped out a lot ended up bringing in couple of decent young talents.. i know your looking for some shorts answers bud, but the only thing you can really do is just make sure you get your tactics sorted and hope you grind out some good results

must admit I've had trouble before but I'm in my first season at December, in 2nd place in the league and top of my euro group..board just gave me 16.5mill out of the blue even though we're making a losses each month..? I wouldn't say it's impossible to manage Liverpool, loaning in players has been mentioned before on this thread and I really agree with it. I got in eduardo on loan and he's scored 10 goals now!

Brilliant responses, all very much appreciated, helped alot, so the general consensus is, grind out first year, then go for it second year, cheers guys, will try and do just that!

I'm in my 4th season now with Liverpool on the latest patch.

First season i got 5th or 6th (cant remember) place but i won the League Cup so qualified for Europa League. Didn't buy or sell any players this season.

Second season i got a 35 mil transfer budget and i brought in a few young talents (i made it a rule to not buy anyone older than 23). Ended up 5th again but that's fine cause i was still in the process of rebuilding the squad. Won League Cup and Europa League this season.

Third season i got a 40 mil transfer budget and continued to bring in a few more young talents, the players i brought in last season have developed well. This season i won: Super Cup, League Cup, FA Cup, Europa League and the Premiership.

My key player for all 3 seasons was Jonjo Shelvey and Sebastian Coates.

So Liverpool IS manageable but it does take some time to get them to where you want, don't expect to win everything in your first season.

I'm currently at work but if anybody is interested i can post my tactics once i get home.

I would be grateful if you could upload your tactics. I've been struggling with my liverpool save since the new patch

I had 55 mill after the tv and stuff.I sold off all the deadwood like spearing assaidi and Carroll plus loans for downing etc and brought in neymar,facundo farreyra and moussa dembele(3.5 mill)

In the 2nd season? Your having a laugh arent you?

In the 2nd season? Your having a laugh arent you?
No offence mate, but stick to answering the op question, anyway, u sound like a liverpool fan, so must have had saves with them, how have u done?

Not having a laugh mate.I got around 35 mill budget and sold players to give me around 55 mill.

I wish this game was unrealistic. It would be more fun if they gave clubs decent reliable finances to build good teams even if this isn't reflective of real life.

In my opinion, they ruin part of the game for players who want to mange teams yet properly can't due to restricted finances.

I think a lot of players, mainly the kind of casual gamers who don't use sites like this, would sacrifice realism for fun.

you will of only got offered that due to you wanting rid mate if your happy with 15-18 then counter:)

yo bud i got a decent 3-5-2- tactic i can send ya if ya want to try it out done great with me with better player i think it got potental mail me dude

I wish this game was unrealistic. It would be more fun if they gave clubs decent reliable finances to build good teams even if this isn't reflective of real life.

In my opinion, they ruin part of the game for players who want to mange teams yet properly can't due to restricted finances.

I think a lot of players, mainly the kind of casual gamers who don't use sites like this, would sacrifice realism for fun.

That sort of defeats the point of football manager though. Realism is a key element of the game, if you just bought everyone you wanted, then there is no challenge. Personally, I prefer the realism, I relish the challenge of building a team from nothing, whether I have the finances or not.

That sort of defeats the point of football manager though. Realism is a key element of the game, if you just bought everyone you wanted, then there is no challenge. Personally, I prefer the realism, I relish the challenge of building a team from nothing, whether I have the finances or not.

I agree to some extent; they just need to get the balance right.

It's just the way it is. Get through a season, try your best to come out with a good spot on the table, then rebuild through the off-season, you will earn some cash through sponsorship and tv sales/ticket sales over the season aswell.

Just wait it out, and maybe sell a bigger player, who can be replaced by 2 or 3 decent youth prospects who can eventually make you profit double or triple the amount of that 'big star' you sold.