Is money ruining football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamees

Reaction score
Is money ruining football?

Former England defender Paul Parker says he’s becoming disillusioned with the huge sums of money involved in football. He believes the game is under threat as a result.

But, there are benefits to money - investment has provided vastly improved stadiums across England, for example, and higher wages have attracted a large number of genuinely world class players to the Premier League.

So, is he right? Is money ruining football?

Yeah I agree i think money is ruining footall Man City for example, i mean if you use the fm editor to give yourself a huge budget you win. Mancini has it easy prayers like Balotelli play for the cheque not the badge!!!!

Its half and half really............ money is what attracts every single person.... look at all the world class players that are coming to england because of it... but money can ruin it for example man city.. a mid table poor team suddenly title contenders very soon !

money is taking over how well clubs do also. where would chelsea be right now without abramovich ?? what would man citys team be like ??

i was actually yalking to a Cheslea supporter a few days ago about how its wrong for city to try and by the title. Pot kettle black me thinks!!!

You cant help it,as long as something is so popular such as football,money finds a place to rest its head

Yes, it is.

That's why i prefer lower league football (Championship & Lower).

There's more passion & work rate in the lower leagues, it's the same players, playing for the same team. I know, people say Lower leagues are boring, it's just one type of football, but that's because there isn't the money in the leagues.

i was actually yalking to a Cheslea supporter a few days ago about how its wrong for city to try and by the title. Pot kettle black me thinks!!!

lol us chelsea fans finally realise how annoying it is seeing another club trying to buy the title

its sort of differenet between city and chelsea, Chelsea were a decent team before who were challenging for and winning cups the money was less too and not such an overhaul terry and lampard are still there two most important players they still bought the title but they were a better team than man city

With football, clubs make alot of money, and eventualluy as the population grows you get more fans = more revenue.

Then they will use that revenue to buy new players, and the highest bid will win.

Eventually there will be a big gap between rich and poor clubs.

its sort of differenet between city and chelsea, Chelsea were a decent team before who were challenging for and winning cups the money was less too and not such an overhaul terry and lampard are still there two most important players they still bought the title but they were a better team than man city

your saying chelsea already had a decent club but just before abramovich bought chelsea they were in tons of debt and were going downhill and could of done the same as leeds

very true i dont no why it just seems more wrong with city as i said players like terry and lampard love chelsea with the personality of players city are buying they will never have that as a liverpool fan it pains me to say this but chelsea are a TEAM city just over paid prima donnas tevez aside

Chelsea were still giving a good fight for the titles and cup and when we were bought,we did not do a complete overhaul of the club like Man City have done,we still kept Lampard and Terry who were then also our 2 most important players while if you compare the Man City Team of 2007/20008 to now,you will be shocked

Arsenal do it right. They don't spend much on players. They train players up from the academy and make them first team players.

I think the new rule of 8 home grown players is good, cos it makes team use players that have came from the roots of teams. I think fans such of Chelsea, Manchester City & United hate the rule because they don't have such good players from there/other teams academy.

My opinion anyway.

how popular it is cleary means that people think it is being ruined no word from city supporters yet they might think different

Unfortunately, money rules. The teams with the most money are going to be the most successful. Is it ruining football though? I believe it is, it shows how only 4 different teams have ever won the premier league, I think it will be many, many years before a present mid/lower table team can challenge for the title (without getting a billionaire owner)

Money also gains more fans, Man City will soon have a huge fan base, its like the amount of Chelsea supporters on this site, if Abramovic never came they wouldn't support them.

Status
Not open for further replies.