corofin2k12

Reaction score
opposition nealry score from every cross and my players never seem to block the ball or a cross

opposition nealry score from every cross and my players never seem to block the ball or a cross

Well, if this was true, you would concede betweenn15-50 goals each game. On a seriouse note, whats your tactical approach, formation ?

FM13 is a big fail , never mind it.

its not really mate, the older patches yes were pretty shoddy, the latest one is pretty much spot on! its all down to your approach and tactics

Not a big fail, although it has several aspects to improve, for example, it is not very realistic a team having 2 or 3 shots against the post every game. Fortunately, the game requires our best intelect to set a great tactic... those days of downloading some tactic and win all games are over.

Your game is not bugged, and FM is not a fail. It's all down to your tactical approach. Even the best tactic has a loop hole in it, and that yours could be the fact that your defenders are scared of the ball... No? Okay, maybe they're not pressuring the opposition enough, being to easy... etc etc etc...

Your game is not bugged, and FM is not a fail. It's all down to your tactical approach. Even the best tactic has a loop hole in it, and that yours could be the fact that your defenders are scared of the ball... No? Okay, maybe they're not pressuring the opposition enough, being to easy... etc etc etc...

Exactly, FM 2013 is best version yet. You will have to actively manage your team and the tactic. Gone are the days that you would just pick the best players and alt-tab to something else.

What you can do corofin is download a successful tactic and see how the setpieces are set-up in there. Keep in mind that you will need to check your team strengths vs the set-up in that tactic but it could help you understand a bit better of what agood set-up looks like.

ya but they stand like 3 yards back when opposition are crossing the ball and never block it and ive downloaded swoosh master piece and inters perfection 4231 and still happens

Again, you need to give us info on how you play. If not, then we cant help you. Also, do you mean that you concede more then 3 or 4 goals every game from this or is it that the goals you are conceding ( even if just 0.5/game) are all from crosses as this is two very different scenarios ?

4-2-3-1's are notorious for being poor in defence as well, unfortunately!

Both tactics you have downloaded are 4-2-3-1's I have seen no one crack a brilliant 4-2-3-1 yet!

Suggest a 4-4-2 or 4-1-2-2-1, more help defensively

when i concede goals its most balls played in from the wings this is what i did playView attachment 318608

Seing that the team settings have been tweaked, can we assume that the player settings have been tweaked to ?
If they have not been tweaked, you are vunerable in defence since you are playing really adventoures. You are playing a highly fluid game with the plqayers mostly deciding for them selfes what to di on the pitch. When loosing out in possession, you will often face teams exploiting the space out wide where your wingbacks ( if getting back in time) will be overrun as they have no cover at all, especially when looking at your Right flank where you have a ballwinning midfielder that will storm forward to close down anyone really.

But before being able to give any real advice, we would need some answer to the first question. After all, all players could be on the lowest of menatlies and without and runs from deep etc.

some player settings have bin tweaked but that how i got it would b better if made my own 4231 tactic without tweaks

some player settings have bin tweaked but that how i got it would b better if made my own 4231 tactic without tweaks

Most of the times its better to stay with the preset settings for the roles. On Topic/question. To know how you play, we need to know what tweaks have been made to their settings. LIke I said, I cant suggest that you should change the wingbacks to Fullback/defend and support and chnage the Ballwinner to CM on defend and the deep PM to support if their settings are tweaked and set in stone.

In short though, I would do the following

- Fullback one on defend and one on support
- DLP/support, CM/defend
- One inside FC on support

Naturally, yhou will still be playing really attacking and teams will be able to hit you on the counter out wide as its the nature of the approach within that formation

4-2-3-1's are notorious for being poor in defence as well, unfortunately!

Both tactics you have downloaded are 4-2-3-1's I have seen no one crack a brilliant 4-2-3-1 yet!

Suggest a 4-4-2 or 4-1-2-2-1, more help defensively

I disagree, I had the best defence in the premier league using a 4-2-3-1 in 90% of the matches.

I disagree, I had the best defence in the premier league using a 4-2-3-1 in 90% of the matches.

Using what team?

Also OP you are 6th in the league with Liverpool and your defence has ridiculously good ratings, unless you've just started the season in that SS?