brommers92

Reaction score
Hello to all,

Firstly, there has been many threads similar to this and i apologize for annoying people by posting another but i would like to know what the best Roles are for a possession based tactic are. I am Barcelona and i attempted using a 4-2-3-1 which consited of the following,

SK(D)

WB(S) - LD(X) - BPD(D) - WB(S)

BWM(D) - DLP(D)

IF - AP(S) - IF (Both IF set on Attack)

DLF(S)

Defensive Line (Push Up/2 clicks from full)
Passing (Shorter/2 clicks down from middle)
Tackling (More Aggressive)
Press More

This setup has been floating around on other threads but it just doesnt seem to be working at all for me. I would appriciate it if anybody had some advice on this problem.

Cheers :)

Very much so. I often dominate possession without even meaning to.

If that formation isn't getting you around 60% possession in regular games there's something wrong. Try lowering the tempo quite a lot, so that your players take time in possession and knock it around rather than just going long at the first opportunity.

Possession is very much possible, and most tactics knocking around with that formation on here do tend to get you 60 or above for a majority of matches. The only problem with tactics which are ALL about possession is the lack of CCC's, but with something like your formation that shouldn't be a problem. Try using Raikan's Dortmund formation and slowing the temp, shortening the passes etc to get more possession.

Possession is very much possible, and most tactics knocking around with that formation on here do tend to get you 60 or above for a majority of matches. The only problem with tactics which are ALL about possession is the lack of CCC's, but with something like your formation that shouldn't be a problem. Try using Raikan's Dortmund formation and slowing the temp, shortening the passes etc to get more possession.

Cheers for the advice guys, as to your comment germainlol that is exactly what i chose to do used Raikaans Dortmund as a starter and changed/tweaked it a lot, seems to be working okay atm just gonna keep testing out see how it gets on in the long run :)

Hi brommers,
I until recently had very much the same problem as you and this game drove me crazy, i have however created a tactic with barca that with providing injuries are nice to you and you dont over rotate your squad {and madrid dont play to well :) }

I played with barca and messi got injured for 5 months plus villa, puyol, and couple others were always in and out threw injury but i would recommend giving my tactic a go if your happy to use other ppls that is?View attachment 346352View attachment 346352

Hi brommer

I have also managed to convert my original barca tactic into a direct quick counter tactic like real madrid/dortmund style if you fancy a look!!

Cheers benshuff85