Is scoring a lot of corners an exploit?

Benniewijs

Reaction score
Is a tactic where you score a lot of goals from corners an exploit or a good tactic?
I RL soccer there are also teams that score a lot from corners and freekicks.

At what point is scoring a lot from corners an exploit?

I generally score the most goals from corners in my league even when I don't set any corner tactic.. But the difference is:

Defender having a good season scoring from corners = 10 in 38 games
Corner cheat = 40 in 38 games

I barely score from corners, maybe 8 a season or so! from everyone! as Andy said, anything above 15 goals though is a cheat! Think realistically, would Vidic or Terry score more than 4-6 goals a season? no they wont! :)

I understand. But most of the times I have my striker at the first post and send the ball to the first post
swinging to the goal. So most goals are scored with my striker.

Some games I score 2 goals from corners and a some games none.

i have made my own tactics, haven't posted on here as i don't think people will find it good enough.. but i have scored alot og corner this season, all you need is a tall defender & he scores alot of corners. also i have went unbeaten the whole season.

Ok I will make a count for the goals scored by corners and change my corner tactics if its a cheat according to my own feelings.

Some corner (maybe cheat) tactics work for one player good and other players can't score with the same corner.

I dont set any corner tactics but my cbs get 7-8 each per season

if you have unintentionally set it up like that then dont change it, dont feel that it is cheating, you did not know any better so good for you! if you knew what you were doing implementing it, different story!

I set it up that I dont score many on purpose (realisitcally setup) as I much prefer scoring goals in open play, however I have setup the free kicks though, thats a different story all together! not that I score many from there anyway :)

I Like scoring from fast combinations and fast counters most but I don't mind scoring from corners.

Yesterday I lost with Ajax to Arsenal (0-5 f$%#%) and RVP scored 2 corners a penalty.

Luckely I still can go through the next round. I won the first two games from Olympique Lyon and Napoli and draw one to
Napoli. Last match to Lyon I need a draw to go through. All of us 4 can still go through and be last in the first round.

Depends - IRL I am a Sheffield Wednesday fan, and all of our first choice back four are over 6ft (6'1, 6'3, 6'3 and 6'7) - between them they have 11 goals - but the left back has 5 of them, and a Centre Half has 4 of them!

So, it can happen, but probably not as much as it does in FM12.

Since i started playing 2 strikers my striker scores from the near post like 60% of the time, he can get upto 4 a match from corners which is incredible

This has happened for a long time not just the current FM, i can remember similar tactics in FM2011 and FM2010 that had sick goalscoring from corners. My question is why don't they fix this problem ? This is an obvious problem that should really be fixed but it remains in every version they bring out. I mean can they even fix this problem cause they must know about it surely.

Last edited:
i just have a regular set up for the corner tactic. and if u have tall players like per merts , the they will score goals easily ;)

I Like scoring from fast combinations and fast counters most but I don't mind scoring from corners.

Yesterday I lost with Ajax to Arsenal (0-5 f$%#%) and RVP scored 2 corners a penalty.

Luckely I still can go through the next round. I won the first two games from Olympique Lyon and Napoli and draw one to
Napoli. Last match to Lyon I need a draw to go through. All of us 4 can still go through and be last in the first round.

Won the last group match from Lyon with 5-0. ;) Through to the next round

One of my player (Thomas Muller) score a hat trick from corner (Near Post)