Is selling stuff I downloaded here allowed?

Jamiew25

Reaction score
Just an idea, could I put the extracted files on a disc and sell that disk?

No. Absolutely not. It's other peoples work.

Just an idea, could I put the extracted files on a disc and sell that disk?

No. Its not your property to sell, especially when its free from the original source. And people take a very dim view of this, including SI, who will go lengths to get ebay listings and the like shut down.

Sell it where? Ebay?

The VeRO programme on Ebay will prevent you doing this, in the same way that FIFA Ultimate team players aren't your property to sell, nor is any content that is owned (regardless of being modified/added to by you our someone else) by SI.

There was someone selling custom transfer updates for previous versions of FM, SI stopped this i believe.

SI believes in a free and open community, they really don't take kindly to anyone making money off the back of their content. Donations to keep fansites like our own are necessary parts of todays tech hungry world, and SI are fine with this. But making money from something like graphics, transfer updates or guides/walkthroughs (See FM-Britian and the fallout from their communication and psychological warfare guide that they charged for - FM-Britain are no longer an SI affiliate) isn't something they want to happen.

The CM/FM community was founded on free and open custom content/help for everyone, that should never change.

Last edited:
Posting such a question almost makes me want you banned, almost.

Why would someone pay you if they know you downloaded it for free and so can they ?

Sell it where? Ebay?

The VeRO programme on Ebay will prevent you doing this, in the same way that FIFA Ultimate team players aren't your property to sell, nor is any content that is owned (regardless of being modified/added to by you our someone else) by SI.

There was someone selling custom transfer updates for previous versions of FM, SI stopped this i believe.

SI believes in a free and open community, they really don't take kindly to anyone making money off the back of their content. Donations to keep fansites like our own are necessary parts of todays tech hungry world, and SI are fine with this. But making money from something like graphics, transfer updates or guides/walkthroughs (See FM-Britian and the fallout from their communication and psychological warfare guide that they charged for - FM-Britain are no longer an SI affiliate) isn't something they want to happen.

The CM/FM community was founded on free and open custom content/help for everyone, that should never change.

Yep, they moved very quickly to do, and the person has been banned from Ebay, SI forums and another affiliate site

Didn't think it would be allowed. Thanks for the info.

@mullen19, I had a bit of trouble downloading stuff for fm11 but found out for fm12, so maybe if they were inexperienced they wouldn't mind paying for it.