Is substitution also considered "first team football"?

Ronarch

Reaction score
Easy question:
It's often to see players request to get more first team football (or in a different term "involved in first team")
Can they get satisfaction by playing them as substitutions? like making them on pitch after 60 mins?

Or only the starting 11 can be considered as "first team football"?

Appreciate any idea. Thank you

i am pretty sure it is starting games only as i have had regular subs ask me for more game time

i am pretty sure it is starting games only as i have had regular subs ask me for more game time

Well this could still happen even if subs do count for something, considering players who get first team starts also can complain. For example, if, for argument's sake, sub appearances count for half as much as starting, and you bring a player on as a sub in every game, it would be equivalent to him starting half the games and not playing at all in the other half. If he thinks he should be starting 2/3 of the games, using him as a sub in every game would not be enough even if they do count.

Plus, when he complains to you, promising sub appearances is an option, which again makes me think it must count for something. If, on the other hand, it doesn't count for anything, then I'd also question whether starting cup games count as first-team, seeing as how many players seem to have similar reaction to you promising sub appearances as to you promising cup starts.