daisuke

Reaction score
I'm Liverpool in my second season and I have huge budget left...I feel that it's a waste to not use that but since I don't want to buy any world class outfield player in order to play the wonderkids, I figured I might as well replace Mignolet with a world class goalkeeper

I'm looking at De Gea and Ter Stegen. My tactic used Sweeper Keeper - Attack and the other one Sweeper Keeper - Support. Based on stats De Gea is a little better than ter Stegen. But scout reports said De Gea wants £170k-£300k p/w (I'm a cheapskate when it comes to wages) while ter Stegen only wants £68k-£125k. I think I can get Stegen for around £40M-£50M but maybe De Gea is more expensive because Man Utd don't want to sell. Should I get Stegen or just wait for De Gea to become available or just not buy any of them?

EDIT: I can buy Stegen £38M

Last edited:
If he's the keeper you want, go ahead! As you don't want to use the budget elsewhere and it's important to constantly be improving.

Seems like a lot, just for the sake of spending it, especially on a GK. Keep the budget, someone may unexpectedly become available later in the transfer window and more money later may be even more useful.

I've been genuinely surprised by how good Mignolet is on this years game - he's doing a great job for me in my first season and making some crucial saves. I've got Rajkovic waiting in my U21s to take over form him though...

I'd go Rajkovic as well, bought him in the first season and already taken over from Mignolet. Now sold Mignolet for 10mill at sat of 2nd season and brought in Butland as well

I got Rulli on a free in season 2. Ter Stegen is comparable to Rulli but offers better distribution. But Rulli is a better shot stopper in 1 on 1 situations. Hmm free, or 38 million quid? Choice is yours mate! LOL

I got Rulli on a free in season 2. Ter Stegen is comparable to Rulli but offers better distribution. But Rulli is a better shot stopper in 1 on 1 situations. Hmm free, or 38 million quid? Choice is yours mate! LOL

Big agree, I got Rulli as a backup to DeGea and I will sell after a year. But you need a top GK, ter Stegen is well worth it because you'll have him for 10 years and never need to replace that position.

49 million euro's for Ter Stegen? Lol. I got Lloris for 3 million less.