Is the AMC not designed for this year's match engine?

Uygar89

Reaction score
I am currently playing a 4411 and even though overall I am successfull with it, my AMC's never perform consistently well... My LM/RM and my striker are the ones who get 90% of the goals/assists. Just wonder whether the AMC does not work well in this year's FM... I read it in a few other articles and they also mentioned that AMC's don't work well this year. Would you guys confirm it? Also, is the 4231 this year's META? In premier league almost every team plays with 4231, very rarely I face against 4141, which should be popular as well.

I am currently playing a 4411 and even though overall I am successfull with it, my AMC's never perform consistently well... My LM/RM and my striker are the ones who get 90% of the goals/assists. Just wonder whether the AMC does not work well in this year's FM... I read it in a few other articles and they also mentioned that AMC's don't work well this year. Would you guys confirm it? Also, is the 4231 this year's META? In premier league almost every team plays with 4231, very rarely I face against 4141, which should be popular as well.
From what I've seen this year playing an AMC is basically pointless... the only exception I've had is a West Brom game with Thiago Almada there, however I had him taking all set pieces so his assist stats were hugely bumped by that and his avg rating ended up being around the 7.6 mark as a result... I've found the best thing to do if you have a decent cam, is retrain for the wing advanced playmaker role, anyone central just seems to get marked out of the game except for the odd bit of brilliance.

they link up play, and can win the ball high up, but they dont get a high rating for that.
they hardly score basically because long shots miss, dribbling then shooting usually misses, and when crosses come in they never get delivered to the edge the box
they are not a luxery though because a team that plays an amc will have more options both attacking and defending high up field, than say a tactic that plays a dmc

4231 is by far my favourite tactic. I tried so many combinations and tweaks but for some reason if with world class players the games just seem to pass them by.
The only success I’ve had in my own tactics with the formation and role (and in the likes of Knaps tactics) is if you used a the role as a shadow striker.
hope this helps.