dave7867

Reaction score
i'm just entered jan 2021 and i am playing as Marseille and when i go to see if i can offer a contract( approach to sign) it isnt showing for any player that option or is it a bug

sorry ,its just english based players is it the Eu Brexit thing causing this, because last season i could sign them.

I did receive a message in my inbox about this a while back.

Yeah, I've been wondering that, still wouldn't wouldn't explain it though as you can still sign players from e.g. Argentina on a pre-contract, and they're obviously not in the EU.

On the other hand, you can't sign Brazil-based players like that either(until a month before the end of their contract, but you don't even get that with the UK ones now). I guess it's just a different set of rules from country to country, even more so after Brexit.

On a side note, I've also noticed that the values of UK-based players don't decrease as their contract comes closer and closer to expiring, like those of all other players. Not the end of the world, but a bit frustrating when I had my eye on two players whose contracts were due to expire the next day and I couldn't offer them terms. Pressed continue and the next day they've been signed by other clubs before I had a chance to even offer them a contract. Extremely frustrating