Is the DM role essential in FM15?

EL92

Reaction score
I still haven't played it so I'm asking to those who played is the DM role **** important like it was in FM14? because in FM14 every formations without the DM suffered way too much goals...

I've always had success playing a central midfielder as dlp-d or BWM-d in a 4231 without a dm. This is in fm14 and fm15.

I think you can have success without a DM and formations like 4411 and 442 are effective this year but I think it is an important role to break up play without exposing your defenders and especially important if you play wing backs or attacking full backs.

I've a simple rule: Do my full backs push up?

If yes - play with a DCM,
if no - I don't need a DCM

I've always had success playing a central midfielder as dlp-d or BWM-d in a 4231 without a dm. This is in fm14 and fm15.

You know that BWM-D isn't a holding role right?

I've found it is crucial having a DM when playing counter attack or playing against a big team

I still haven't played it so I'm asking to those who played is the DM role **** important like it was in FM14? because in FM14 every formations without the DM suffered way too much goals...

Didn't find it that important in FM 14 tbh, I played without a DM. Started out in FM 15 without a DM as well, but I've changed that now.

It's not like you HAVE to have a DM though.

I've found once I've got a two goal lead, the only way I can hold it with the AI in this beta is to move to three anchor men thumping long balls forward. All very silly, but it'll have to do until the 7th.

I've played DM with the regista role, and it does a very good job.

But i think the best option is to set the role to what player you have for the position. Blind for me as anchor man was terrible, as a regista, doing wonders!