Is the glass half-full or half-empty?

louiscfc

Reaction score
Currently managing Manchester United in December 2015 (4th season) and joined them after Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement in June 2014 from Real Madrid. At Madrid I won back-to-back Champions Leagues and came runners-up in the league twice in the two seasons I was there. Once joining United I had a vast re-build of the squad. The first season didn't go particularly well and was quite a heartbreak at the climax of the season. The time when you least want a run of bad form. In my first season at Old Trafford I won the Capital One cup, runners up in the FA Cup losing it to Chelsea in extra-time and third in the league, losing 5 of the last 6 games when it was looking like we had a good chance of winning it. The Champions League provided more devastation when we lost to Juventus on away-goals despite controlling the two-legs in the first knock-out round.
Into the second season I put the finishing touches on the squad regarding transfer business and really don't know what to make of our form in the league. We are in December and have played 14 games, winning 7, drawing 7 and are sitting in 3rd place 5 points from the top. Out of the 7 draws, we have led in 5 of them and lost the lead including later equalizers in the last minutes in two of the draws. The average age of the squad is 23 and many players are still fitting in.

Is this form really acceptable? Is the fact we are unbeaten in December a strong, consistent start or are the 7 draws 14 points dropped?

In short I want your opinions on how you think I have done so far at Man United and what my targets should be.
Cheers for any input :)

you can view it as 14 points dropped yes, but it is also 7 points gained?
maybe could try tweaking your defence to stop late goals?
or tweak your attack and merely outscore everyone?

make sure you're getting defenders with good composure and concentration. Just keep tweaking the tactics slightly and see what works. depending on your squad, i would think you should be aiming to win the title quite easily but if you're using alot of youngsters it might be more difficult.