Is the new FM worth getting?

• Thread starter Thread starter Chrispc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 3K

Chrispc

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of bad thing about the new FM match engine, but is it really that terrible? What does it do? I mean will it produce freak results meaning your job is a lot harder, will it make people like Messi perform badly too often to be realistic? Or does it just make for a bad viewing?

Thanks for your help

It's brilliant! Best FM to date by far. The match engine isn't bad, there are just lazy whiners who have had their plug 'n' play exploit tactics removed so they now expect the best tactics that are out there to download to win every game. However, if it doesn't have multiple approachs nothing like that's not going to happen and so they blame their losses on the match engine. I'm playing better than ever before on this FM. If you adapt and/or make new tactics or download someone else's tactics and adapt them.

I've heard a lot of bad thing about the new FM match engine, but is it really that terrible? What does it do? I mean will it produce freak results meaning your job is a lot harder, will it make people like Messi perform badly too often to be realistic? Or does it just make for a bad viewing?

Thanks for your help

Opinion sways between broken and the best ever. It's probably leaning but closer to best ever. It's not perfect by any means, but its throughly enjoyable.

People will say many different things about, so I would say that its 50% on steam at the moment, so nows a good time to buy it.

Hasn't it had 6-7 patches already since the beta?!Says it all really.Should be £10.

Hasn't it had 6-7 patches already since the beta?!Says it all really.Should be £10.

Not sure how it does. It could have had one patch and been left at that. Or, they could do their usual old 3 patch strategy, and you then wait 3 years to get it to supremely stable. For FM12, see FM 10, unpatched. The game is a yearly release, the development cycle isn't though.

Last edited:
Yeah or it could have been alot better from release? This is gonna have a lot of patches, shouldn't have been 30-40 quid on release it was shocking.

Yeah or it could have been alot better from release? This is gonna have a lot of patches, shouldn't have been 30-40 quid on release it was shocking.

I doubt it could have been much better, if they had waited till FM14, it probably would be in a better state, but many things need mass testing anyway, so lots of same problems would have cropped up even then ( strong case for more beta testers?). But then you'd have many people complaining there was no new match engine. Damned if they do, damned if they dont.

I have been playing the demo and have not been impressed.

...But I just downloaded the full version on Steam. I hope it goes better this time around.

It's brilliant! Best FM to date by far. The match engine isn't bad, there are just lazy whiners who have had their plug 'n' play exploit tactics removed so they now expect the best tactics that are out there to download to win every game. However, if it doesn't have multiple approachs nothing like that's not going to happen and so they blame their losses on the match engine. I'm playing better than ever before on this FM. If you adapt and/or make new tactics or download someone else's tactics and adapt them.

Well put mate, people just want it easy. Times change, so does fm, get with the program and adapt to the changes :)

It is both the best one and the worst one. It will absolutely make you rage, but it is the most polished version to date in terms of menus, loans, etc...

Thanks for your help

As usual fm is a great game, there are area's to improve on but that is expected, no game is perfect. The issue you have is alot of people will just post on here just for the sake of moaning about the smallest of things, there are plenty of people on here enjoying fm, myself being one. Don't let the negativity put you off, make the decision yourself :)

I'm not a big fan as far to many problems for my liking ie: bugs etc. But I would still say buy it as it is very different to the FM's before it. And if you are bored of fm12 then fm13 is a totally new game and even with the bugs it is better than any other manger game out at the moment.

happy xmas all.

I'm not a big fan as far to many problems for my liking ie: bugs etc. But I would still say buy it as it is very different to the FM's before it. And if you are bored of fm12 then fm13 is a totally new game and even with the bugs it is better than any other manger game out at the moment.

happy xmas all.

I would like them to get a bigger private beta testing team. Although i get the feeling we have suffered now to benefit later. Much like we did in FM10.

It is both the best one and the worst one. It will absolutely make you rage, but it is the most polished version to date in terms of menus, loans, etc...

I've thought that for a while, it's equally as good as it bad.

I would like them to get a bigger private beta testing team. Although i get the feeling we have suffered now to benefit later. Much like we did in FM10.

Was fm10 the crash dumpy one??

I am sure if they did they wouldn't be short of volunteers.

I was not a fan of either the 2009 or 2010 editions. It took me a LONG time to get my noggin around the whole Steam concept, and for a while I just stayed with FM2008.

FM2012 was far better, and I still play it. 2013 is going to take a lot of getting used to again, but I can see that it is a good polished product albeit with a number of problems. For the next release, an earlier start and more finite testing should be mandatory.

As for 'getting with the programme', all very well when things go well. When they go wrong and continue to go wrong is another thing.

Back