Is the new FM worth getting?

• Thread starter Thread starter Chrispc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 3K
Hasn't it had 6-7 patches already since the beta?!Says it all really.Should be £10.

In which case, it would be the final FM in the series. Sales of the current version fund the next as is the case with many software houses around the world.

It's brilliant! Best FM to date by far. The match engine isn't bad, there are just lazy whiners who have had their plug 'n' play exploit tactics removed so they now expect the best tactics that are out there to download to win every game. However, if it doesn't have multiple approachs nothing like that's not going to happen and so they blame their losses on the match engine. I'm playing better than ever before on this FM. If you adapt and/or make new tactics or download someone else's tactics and adapt them.

Every single exploit such as lone strikers, 3 central strikers, corner exploits, pace players works in FM 13.

Try yourself and cry cry less :

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...3-unbeatable-engine-exploiter-hazza22299.html

Every single exploit such as lone strikers, 3 central strikers, corner exploits, pace players works in FM 13.

Try yourself and cry cry less :

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...3-unbeatable-engine-exploiter-hazza22299.html
I wouldn't say that they all work and they are all less effective. Pace players are extremely effective in real life so I wouldn't call that an exploit. And you say I should try it and cry less. I'm not crying, I use my own balanced tactics successfully that are based on real life approaches. I'm doing well so no need.

Id say buy it :) or try the demo..then decide!
Its been brilliant and poor i think, so many problems that have been fixed..then for new ones to arise.
Each to their own, an as football fans were all a bit fickle lol
Sing when youre winning, an moan when youre not.
The ME is the main reason for many to moan..an imo thats granted. It is horrible when it seems you are robbed of result by ME bug, but also forget when a bug as got you result!

If it is 50% off, its well worth that! You'd have got a better deal than most of us.

Id say buy it :) or try the demo..then decide!
Its been brilliant and poor i think, so many problems that have been fixed..then for new ones to arise.
Each to their own, an as football fans were all a bit fickle lol
Sing when youre winning, an moan when youre not.
The ME is the main reason for many to moan..an imo thats granted. It is horrible when it seems you are robbed of result by ME bug, but also forget when a bug as got you result!

If it is 50% off, its well worth that! You'd have got a better deal than most of us.
The attacking is now very good, still more tweaks to be done. Defending is some way behind, as is usual in FM, once they get that right, this will be by far the best ever version. And then that will allow for more work to be done to the Tactics Creator irself in terms of new roles and more movement options etc in FM14.

I think the most important thing people need to realise is the game comes out every year, but the development cycle isnt yearly, so some versions will be more polished than others. Though we can all agree that the basic level of polish needs to be higher.

The attacking is now very good, still more tweaks to be done. Defending is some way behind, as is usual in FM, once they get that right, this will be by far the best ever version. And then that will allow for more work to be done to the Tactics Creator irself in terms of new roles and more movement options etc in FM14.

I think the most important thing people need to realise is the game comes out every year, but the development cycle isnt yearly, so some versions will be more polished than others. Though we can all agree that the basic level of polish needs to be higher.

Ok Mike, so I'm sure your aware by now I've not exactly been overjoyed with FM13's ME.....
But after playing around 15-20 matches last night I'm starting to be won over, not completely but it does seem to flow better and look a bit more natural, apart from some very stupid back passes to the gk I couldn't really complain with what I was seeing.
Was VERY impressed to see my gk actually dive and save a shot (miracles do happen!).
Seems easier now, not too easy but it's as my players have suddenly been given a brain!
Que wing back overlapping wide man cutting in then backheeling it to the wideman running past!
And with regards to the exploits, 3 strikers is starting to look very exploity, the middle striker getting played through for a lot of 1 on 1s.

i agree with mike attacking is way better and defending does need a bit of sharping but once they do get that right it will be the best version out, until fm14 is out because fm13 is brilliant im sure fm14 will be even better, hopefully more new staff roles and other minor things.

Ok Mike, so I'm sure your aware by now I've not exactly been overjoyed with FM13's ME.....
But after playing around 15-20 matches last night I'm starting to be won over, not completely but it does seem to flow better and look a bit more natural, apart from some very stupid back passes to the gk I couldn't really complain with what I was seeing.
Was VERY impressed to see my gk actually dive and save a shot (miracles do happen!).
Seems easier now, not too easy but it's as my players have suddenly been given a brain!
Que wing back overlapping wide man cutting in then backheeling it to the wideman running past!
And with regards to the exploits, 3 strikers is starting to look very exploity, the middle striker getting played through for a lot of 1 on 1s.

Glad you are enjoying it, you can create some brilliant attacking moves.

Interested about the 3 strikers, would be good if you can keep an eye on it and save any games on this. SI would find that incredibly useful. This is the kind of thing that happens when the attacking play outstrips defensive play.

Glad you are enjoying it, you can create some brilliant attacking moves.

Interested about the 3 strikers, would be good if you can keep an eye on it and save any games on this. SI would find that incredibly useful. This is the kind of thing that happens when the attacking play outstrips defensive play.

I'll save the games although im not using it anymore.
It was basically a rip of tactickz grid system press.
But his was 4-1-2-3, mine was 4-2-1-3, used his set up for the strikers and tweaked a bit made the wide guys very attacking.
Used a direct style to basically get the ball to anyone of the 3 strikers or Amc as quick as possible, caused alot of panic in the oppositions defence usually leading to a through ball to central striker.
That said it wasn't perfect and I struggled with the width of opposition wingers and wingbacks.
But I said a while back I won the league without really trying and signed no one, it was with this tactic and then set up a holiday season and the assistant won the league too so it probably is a bit exploity?!

Back