Is the 'star' rating system messed up? 2.5 star striker bags 35 goals 15 assists

vjcsmoke

Reaction score
Here's the photo evidence: Timo Werner_ Overview Profile.png Photo by goraiden | Photobucket Here's the thing. Timo Werner is only 21. He just scored 35 goals for me. Just amazing performance this season. But the coaches tell me he's only a 2.5 star player. Is the star rating system messed up? Is the rest of my team just so good that Timo looks bad, or is he actually a great player but the star rating system doesn't accurately reflect that fact? As you can see his physical stats are pretty amazing but his actual skills and mental stats aren't that great. Input please!

Here's the photo evidence: Timo Werner_ Overview Profile.png Photo by goraiden | Photobucket Here's the thing. Timo Werner is only 21. He just scored 35 goals for me. Just amazing performance this season. But the coaches tell me he's only a 2.5 star player. Is the star rating system messed up? Is the rest of my team just so good that Timo looks bad, or is he actually a great player but the star rating system doesn't accurately reflect that fact? As you can see his physical stats are pretty amazing but his actual skills and mental stats aren't that great. Input please!

This. I think you hit it right on the head there. :p

Well, 2,5 stars is a fairly good player, but his stats aren't for a 2,5 star player, I have 4 stars players that don't have those stats for Benfica. Maybe the tactic just allows your player to get really good chances, but he's underrated for sure.

This has been mentioned plenty of times on the forum (why dont people ever search?!).

Forget about the stars - look at the stats. The stats are where its at!

The star rating in the report cards don't really matter. What really matters is good stats and I know Timo Werner's got great stats, that's why he is a very good performer. I've had tons of players before who were below 2.5 stars but were able to perform well, because of their good stats

The Star rating is your coaches opinion of that player. they might just not like his signing voice in the shower or something :p