Is There A Benefit To Sending Offer?

ekul785

Reaction score
Whenever i've been interested in a player, i'll either make an enquiry to get a feel for what the other team wants, or i'll put together an offer and 'suggest' it to then start haggling.

I rarely if ever, put what I want to pay and submit the bid before waiting a few days for a response.

Is there any benefit to doing the latter option? As far as I can tell it seems to make more sense suggesting an offer as you get an immediate response and can then tweak it accordingly.

Does anyone here ever just submit a bid, and if so why?

I submit a general offer if I want to unsettle the player lol

Sometimes a lower offer will be accepted if it is formally sent through, also unsettles the player as previous post mentions

I could see it being just a cosmetic difference, with the option used depending on your style as a manager. I always try to thrash out an agreement right there, but I know people who never suggest an offer, and always send it off for later consideration.

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. Perhaps in my next transfer window i'll start just sending offers and see if i notice any real difference.

I usually make a small and then slowly start to rise it.

I usually make a small and then slowly start to rise it.

Oh definitely :) I always start with a stupidly low offer. Most of the time it's rejected, but every now and then it gets accepted, leaving you to think 'maybe i could have offered even less!'