is there a hidden scout "effort" trait?

mkw101

Reaction score
Reason I ask is because some of my scouts find NOTHING, like 20 reports in a year (of their local continent), and others are piling up 500 reports all the time. I can't figure out why some of my scouts are so bad.

Like this one guy is an 18/20 current/potential ability scout with 100% Brazil knowledge, but if I ask him to give me a report on U18s in Brazil he says he's done instantly, but he's only given me about 30 reports. So I have to ask him to roam around the continent to actually keep him working, or he'll complete his job instantly.

Then he spends months in Peru, where he knows nothing, and gives me no reports?

How do I make this guy just sit down in Brazil and scout all the youngsters?

How high are your scouting demands? I'm guessing as you're scouting S America that you are probably a top rated club, bare in mind when you are at the very top, even a 3.5 star player can win world player of the year regularly.

End that assignment, and edit to send him out with either or both of the following: 3 star ability or 3 star potential. That and whatever you want to have as far as age restraints ie under 18 or whatever.

Does that help?

not that i know of..just use a filter to scout only the best players. and get scouts that have judging P and judging A as 20/20. some that i know are - tom vernon, david friio, cordero, pablo longoria. they all have 20/20 after about 2/3 seasons in. and don't necessarily put them where their knowledge is best. what i do is, for the scouts who are 20/20, i make them scout the world. when you have about 3-4 20/20 scouts searching the world, they are guaranteed to find the best regens in the game. always works. good luck.

When they scout countries with 100% knowledge, they already know the best prospect available so they come back to you instantly.

Determination is vital for the number of reports you get, if you set a scout out to roam and he has low determination, he will give you only a few reports per country, if he has a high determination, he will give you a lot.

When they scout countries with 100% knowledge, they already know the best prospect available so they come back to you instantly.

Determination is vital for the number of reports you get, if you set a scout out to roam and he has low determination, he will give you only a few reports per country, if he has a high determination, he will give you a lot.

This. Likewise, motivation plays a critical part.