Is there a tactic that really gets the most out of a player, ultimate team focus?

neiljwd

Reaction score
Basically I want to have some super famous all star player.
Is there a tactic which is especially good at getting the most out of a player in one specific position?

I'm guessing a striker?

If you just play your strikers correctly you should get the goals.
I played Rooney as a Poacher, with Hamsik and Poli as playmakers and 2 wingers and 1 attacking mid and he scored 49 goals in all competitions with 37 in the league.

Like Raf said, if you set your team up around a certain player (make sure they arent injury prone) for example the way Raf got his team playing into rooney, you will no doubt have a star player

Ok that's good advice, thank you, I'll start working on it.
Does the strikers setting make a big difference, or should I just choose the role that suits his stats, or is there a role that's more selfish/goals compared to team orientated?

Does the strikers setting make a big difference, or should I just choose the role that suits his stats, or is there a role that's more selfish/goals compared to team orientated?
both. a player like rooney can do pretty much anything you ask him, from playing as a team player (deep lying forward/support) to pure scorer (poacher). judge it on the attributes of the player, but also how that role affects your tactic

It depends on stats, but poacher's are generally quite greedy, i like to use a poacher alongside a target man/complete forward who supports, they seem to play off eachother really well, i like the classic bigman littleman partnership upfront

both. a player like rooney can do pretty much anything you ask him, from playing as a team player (deep lying forward/support) to pure scorer (poacher). judge it on the attributes of the player, but also how that role affects your tactic

Completely agree, rooney will do anything you want in a forward line, personally i think its a waste of his mental and physical attributes to use him just as a poacher when hes so much more then that

Completely agree, rooney will do anything you want in a forward line, personally i think its a waste of his mental and physical attributes to use him just as a poacher when hes so much more then that

Yeah but, I play with a 4-3-2-1 and have creativity in Hamsik & Hazard so I just need some one to score and he does that. I think if you play Rooney to be greedy he plays great.

Hey look where Ronaldo got with that attitude...;)

Yeah but, I play with a 4-3-2-1 and have creativity in Hamsik & Hazard so I just need some one to score and he does that. I think if you play Rooney to be greedy he plays great.

Hey look where Ronaldo got with that attitude...;)

I rate CR7 as a better player then rooney :p