Not for club football it isn't, no.

Would be a really good idea to take over of the under 18's then work your way up to manager of the first team.

Would be a really good idea to take over of the under 18's then work your way up to manager of the first team.

I saw a guy on FM2010 doing a save where he took over like Barcelonas B or C team (Cant remember exactly what team it was), essentially it was the reserves and they were playing several leagues below La Liga with the ultimate goal of one day becoming the manager of Barcelona very much like Pep did. Not sure if he ever achieved it, but that sorta game play is possible with some Spanish reserve teams or Castillas.

Might take a look at that after ive finished with my Wolves save, still struggling to get past a season, I think they should introduce this in Fm13.

Taking over say.. Man Citys under 18's, Hold trial days, Generally be Manager of them, get promoted to the reserve managers role and then in the end take over the first team role. Maybe it could be a way of building up rep