Is there any settings to make the game fun for casual fans?

tommoore

Reaction score
I keep coming back to FM12, and after a few days I get fed up and return it to the cupboard. the reason, simply because I'm a casual football follower, and not a tactical genius. No matter what I try, I can't get my players to perform. My strikers can't hit an open goal from 6 yards out, though they rarely try that, as despite instructions of no long shots, they still prefer shooting from 25 yards. This is mainly due to the opposition defence closing them down, and forcing them to shoot from distance. Which leads me onto my next problem, my own defence. Despite orders to press and close down, they go up to an opposition player with the ball, then turn around and run back with him. I always start unemployed, and have been employed by at least 12 different teams. Some are poor, even for the division they're in, but others have media predictions of top 3, players with stats that are far greater than most in the league. Generally I end up taking over an under-performing club mid-season, but as mentioned above, the player quality is there in the club. I'll loose games 3-0 or 4-0 at home to the team bottom of the league, I'll have 20+ shots off target, they'll have 4 shots, score 4 (usually after casually jogging through my defence, who just stand aside and let them). Is there anything that can be done to make it more beginner/casual fan friendly, or do I have to continue playing FM2007?

you should use 'only commentary' and replay for goals at matches.....and u won't be fed up... :)

I would just suggest making less tactical decisions. In most cases if you just put up a basic scheme of what you want to go for, and just let the computer run it. You'll have a more balanced game experience.

But no there are no settings like easy or medium. It's just Football Manager.