Is there quicker way to go through and scout all the free agents?

JD101

Reaction score
Haven't played FM since FM13 but decided to buy FM17 a couple of weeks back. I've done one season so far with QPR I'm still in the Championship, I don't have much of a transfer budget so I'm trying to find the best free agents to sign. I'm in the start of August at the moment because I've already done one season with a large data base there are 1000s of free agents, which leads me to my question what is the best way to find the best free agents to sign? I can't ask for a scout report for every single player and I've attempted to assign my scouts to search for players out of contract but it's taking ages for them to prepare it and I put it as urgent. I know you can filter the stats on the search on the free agents but it doesn't really help when you are looking for players with potential. Anyone have any ideas how to search through all the free agents quite quick to find the best ones or the ones with the most potential? I've asked the board for a trial they said no. I know you can filter the search e.g. last club they played for or international youth caps. It's mainly to find players who are 23 or younger and have potential.

In the scouting section, use the quick search with the following instructions

Age is at most 23. Contract is expired. Potential is either Very Good or Superb

That should bring up a decent number of targets to look at scouting further. The other option to scouting is to offer trials and let the coaches assess them which is a good option if the player is currently out of contract