gizmo85

Reaction score
I have arsenal 70m starting budget as that's what the should have in real life and I think there are goin to spend a bit this summer am now into jan and the board have gave me another 70m have I made it non realistic now lol thoughts on what use guys do with data editor ??

haha tbh i do that all the time 'to make it more realistic' lol

Lol am the same haha.. Am only doin whats happening in real life but get this falcao is transfer listed for 25m :)

Cheating. Where do you get the idea that Arsenal have a £70m transfer budget IRL? They say that every year.

I have arsenal 70m starting budget as that's what the should have in real life and I think there are goin to spend a bit this summer am now into jan and the board have gave me another 70m have I made it non realistic now lol thoughts on what use guys do with data editor ??

Nothing you can do is cheating, its your game, play it as you wish :)

Cheating. Where do you get the idea that Arsenal have a £70m transfer budget IRL? They say that every year.

I beg your pardon? Please, link me news articles reporting such things from previous seasons. I really want to see this.

You can do whatever you want with your game, that's why SI give you a data editor!

But if you are asking the question "am I cheating?", you probably are. But, like I said, nobody cares, you still get achievements and anything so yeah, play the game how you want to play. If you've got half way through a season and realised you've made it too unrealistic, you have two options 1) Start again and play the proper game 2) Carry on playing... If you're enjoying it then who cares?

I beg your pardon? Please, link me news articles reporting such things from previous seasons. I really want to see this.

2012 - Arsenal's Wenger wastes £57m transfer war chest - Emirates 24/7
2011 - Magazine: Premier League transfer 'war chest' round up: how do they compare? | Radio talkSPORT (scroll down to Arsenal)

Or just Google 'Arsenal "war chest" -2013 +2012', and then replace 2012 with 2011, 2010...

The Arsenal board leaking details of the £50m+ Arsene will be spending to blow open the wage structure and recruit world-class talent, in order to pacify their fans before the next round of dividends, is an established part of the transfer window script. Like Barca spending £40m+ to solve their lack of a tricky winger, Mark Hughes signing Roque Santa Cruz and Sir 'Arry Redknapp naming two goalies on his bench and moaning "we're down to the bare bones". It's as regular as clockwork.

2011 - Magazine: Premier League transfer 'war chest' round up: how do they compare? | Radio talkSPORT (scroll down to Arsenal)

Or just Google 'Arsenal "war chest" -2013 +2012', and then replace 2012 with 2011, 2010...

The Arsenal board leaking details of the £50m+ Arsene will be spending to blow open the wage structure and recruit world-class talent, in order to pacify their fans before the next round of dividends, is an established part of the transfer window script. Like Barca spending £40m+ to solve their lack of a tricky winger, Mark Hughes signing Roque Santa Cruz and Sir 'Arry Redknapp naming two goalies on his bench and moaning "we're down to the bare bones". It's as regular as clockwork.

Except neither of those had the massive TV bonuses that start this year, nor the massive new sponsorships Arsenal have.

I wouldnt have changed their budget, I would have edited in the new deals and the new club balance. He would actually have ended up with more than £70m to spend.

Arsenal will most certainly have more than £70m to spend real life, that isn't even an issue. The issue is are they prepared to spend £70m.

However, what you fail to realise is that this season, we have new kit and stadium sponsorships that will easily pour money into our coffers, as well as the new TV bonuses.
So please, stop.

However, what you fail to realise is that this season, we have new kit and stadium sponsorships that will easily pour money into our coffers

Hi Stan Kroenke and/or Alisher Usmanov, welcome to the forums.

Anyway, if you're going to use new IRL sponsorships and TV money as justification to increase your budget using the data editor, for it not to be cheating you have to increase all the other teams' budgets as well.