Mafxfia

Reaction score
Currently in my second season with Skeid in Norway, started 2nd division.
Semi pro team.

promoted 1st season, unbeaten champions.
Prediction was mid table.

Currently 1st in 1st division, 2 losses, 1 draw after 14 matches.
Prediction is mid table.

433 DM wide, control possession,
Turned pine of engagement to standard, tempo to standard and turned work ball in the box off.

On steam have the no losses in 30 matches achievement, which is ridiculous with a semi pro team in a lower league.

My team controls possession, 60%+
Scores on average 2 a match, conceding 0.5 on average.

Just wondering if others are finding it the same way I am

I've found it more difficult so far in FM22.

Tried several saves since the beta to get going, all lower leagues in various countries, and just can't settle on a tactic or style even. Getting beaten regardless of playing direct or controlling possession, attacking or being cautious.

On my current save I have found some success with a pretty simple/direct 442 and managed to get a team promoted from the Portuguese 4th division to the 3rd, who were predicted to finish bottom.

In the 3rd division now and probably understandably starting to struggle again but the real issue I'm having with this match engine is scoring goals in my opinion. If I concede then the best I can usually hope for is a draw.

How's your back 4/5

I use,
SK Sup.
FB Sup. CD Def. CD Def. FB Sup.
Anchor.

Higher defensive line. Force outside.

And I definitely don't concede a lot.
WBs in lower leagues leave you too exposed, and they don't have the skills for BPDs.

Similar now I've used a 442 primarily in this save which seems to be working reasonably well. Promoted to 3rd division using it and now have avoided relegation, might even get playoffs in the 3rd division in first season up.

GK Def
FB Auto. NCB Def. BPD Def. FB Auto
W Sup. BWM Sup. CM Auto. W Sup
DLF Att. AF Att.

Higher line. Higher engagement. Show outside.

Not conceding too many now and scoring ok'ish.

On the failed previous saves I've tried 433/451 and 352.

352 in particular I cannot get to work, thinking it would be a good LLM tactic as its solid, but conceded so many of the same goals regardless of tweaks. Feels like WCB dont really work.

Same here,
3 at the back I just keep conceding crosses to the far post.
It's just silly.

I do use a 3331
SK Sup.
WCB def, CD Def. WCB def.
Anchor def.
Dlp sup, mez art.
W sup, AP sup, w sup.
AF Att.

But really only against a 442 defensive, or 4411. Even a 532.
So really only when I'm projected to be much stronger and they'll park the bus.

This is what my 442 has evolved to, my plan to to try and transition to a 451/433 next season if I can get the right players for it. Basically I need a playmaker in the middle 3 and a striker good enough to lead the line alone.

I tweak the tempo in the 442 up or down depending on if we are dominating or giving away possession cheaply.

edit: Its the same thing for me with the 352 the deep cross from the halfway line almost just cutting out the entire back 3 regardless of how high/low the line is.

2021-11-18 16_22_26-Football Manager 2022.png

ill post mine as well,
the 433 is my base, and like I said, if I'm projected to be very dominant ill go 3331.
both are setup with Cruijff in mind back at Barca days. although more adjusted to a ter Hag at Ajax currently.

I have found that a good striker is a need.
a good Targetman is a must, I found the TM gets more involved and creates for of a diamond in midfield.

Attachments

• 433.JPG
    433.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 3331.JPG
    3331.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 55