Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice guys, changed tactics and intend to stick with these for a while. First game with new tactics was 'another defeat' 1-0 at home to City.
How do Stoke do generally on the game in the first season?
Because my team do appear rather useless.
Literally can't score!
Signed Steinnson from Bolton and Jenas. I do hope my fortunes change round sooner rather than later!
Never had this problem before, suppose I should enjoy the new challenge fm11 is giving me!

Cheers.
Beef.

Mis-read.

Last edited:
You signed Steinnson and Jenas for United? I see your problem...

....No, Stoke.
Don't know where you got united from.

Currently getting beat 4-0 at Chelsea, 3 of the 4 goals from outside the area.
Missed hatfuls of chances once again and played quite well.

I don't know what to do!

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

Think I may have just come across the final straw.
Not won a game all season after 7 games, had a tricky run in but only scored 2 goals.
Blackpool at home and I'm thinking surely this is the game where the first win will come.
A goal from Lee Young Pyo from outside the box and a penalty sees us get beat 2-0.
Not being funny but it really is impossible! Constantly seeing goals fly in from outside the area against my team. Hardly any goals come from crosses into the box like real life. Since when do Pennant, Etherington and Kenwyne Jones turn into the worst players in the world. None of them can reach a 6 for a rating in any of the games.
Thoroughly disillusioned. As I said i've played every version of the game and never had a problem.
Amazing how much they've increased the difficulty on this version. I even got beat 2-0 away at Oldham in the cup.
As Football Management goes, I'm living a nightmare!

Last post of the night, for sure.
Don't know how to do screenshots, sorry.
Can't believe what i'm seeing, set all my tactics to one on the tactics page on here ' Timmsy- simple 4-4-2.
Not simple for my players!
Getting beat 3-0 at half time at Birmingham, on a serious note I may as well be playing 4-2-4 overload.
Couldn't do any worse.
One goal from outside the box, 2 goals from set pieces.
You would have thought being stoke set pieces at either end would be done well with the tallest squad in the league.
Tuncay and Jones couldn't hit a barn door either.
Upped the training and brought andy cole in to train the strikers.
Thats not worked.
Clueless.
Don't sign Jenas either, waste of money.
Think my next save, which will probably start soon, will be at a good club in either of the top 2 tiers in England. And if i fail then, I'm sending it back!
GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL
Tuncay 4-1 Zero Consolation for me!
Got beat 5-1. By far some of the worst defending i've ever seen. Huth just has it in the box, keeps hold of it, lets larsson rob him and slots it in.
JUST AWFUL.
GOODNIGHT.

Last post of the night, for sure.
Don't know how to do screenshots, sorry.
Can't believe what i'm seeing, set all my tactics to one on the tactics page on here ' Timmsy- simple 4-4-2.
Not simple for my players!
Getting beat 3-0 at half time at Birmingham, on a serious note I may as well be playing 4-2-4 overload.
Couldn't do any worse.
One goal from outside the box, 2 goals from set pieces.
You would have thought being stoke set pieces at either end would be done well with the tallest squad in the league.
Tuncay and Jones couldn't hit a barn door either.
Upped the training and brought andy cole in to train the strikers.
Thats not worked.
Clueless.
Don't sign Jenas either, waste of money.
Think my next save, which will probably start soon, will be at a good club in either of the top 2 tiers in England. And if i fail then, I'm sending it back!
GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL
Tuncay 4-1 Zero Consolation for me!
Got beat 5-1. By far some of the worst defending i've ever seen. Huth just has it in the box, keeps hold of it, lets larsson rob him and slots it in.
JUST AWFUL.
GOODNIGHT.

You can't just play my tactic once and expect instant results. You need at least 10 games for the players to adjust to it. Make sure you've got it in your match preparation with workload set to high and focus set to team blend.

if you're on a losing streak beefy your players probably have low morale. it's always harder to win with low morale so the first thing on your list of things to do would be to find ways to raise it. offer new contracts, asks for suggestions on players and coaches, give the right team talks etc. in fact i wouldn't be surprised if there's probably a thread somewhere on the forum on how to raise morale

Look for the Post your Frustrations thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.