north dakota

Reaction score
Hello guys. Is this possible to make a good tiki-taka tactic? Every single one I've been using shouldn't be called a tiki taka beacuse possession is so low. Is this possible to make a tactic in fm 2015 with 67% or more in almost every game?

Cheers.

It is possible to make a decent tiki taka tactic, but having that much possession will be difficult. Barca in their prime is an extremely difficult thing to put into FM for SI, so you'll struggle to match their RL counterparts exactly.

I think the Possession stat in FM15 is calculated a little differently this year, in old versions of the game it was easy to win possession and average 65-70%. I must admit I havent actually tried it in this year as tiki taka has become quite boring for me.

If your downloading a Tiki Taka tactic that is someone elses interpretation of Tiki Taka too. It might be different to what you see Tiki Taka as.

Also WJ is right real life Tiki Taka and FM tiki taka are different things, you can pass the ball about in front of a team who is sitting in to defend against you as much as you want.

If I was going to make a tiki taka tactic id use this as a starting point then alter it watching games for a few seasons till I was happy with it. I attached the fmf at the bottom if you wish to take this project on board.

View attachment 299208

On my tactic it is almost all the time something like 60-64% but can't get more after 90 minutes... During the game it's like 66% but when I watch Barcelona they have like 70% possession and it makes me sad :D

I do feel the need to point out that Tiki-Taka is not based around possession retention. That was a philosophy throughout the Barcelona system that was employed alongside Tiki-Taka.

Tiki-Taka litterally translates to "Tip-Tap" it, based around quick direct direct passes with exceptionally fluid movement off the ball. It's similar to the system Brendan Rodgers employed at Swansea but when you have an ideology of possession instilled by the Barcelona coaching staff, you end up with a team that moves the ball quickly and holds onto it.

For me, what Barcelona done was incorporating possession retention into a Tiki-Taka system but that was only possible due to their exceptional technical ability. It was the perfect storm and I don't think we'll see it again.

Tiki-Taka was an evolution from the 'Total Football' philosophy from the Dutch if I'm not mistaken. Also agree with Brendn, I don't think we'll see it performed quite as well with any other team.

Back on the actual topic, I'm managing around 60-65% usually in Conference North. Passing totals usually around 500-600, not bad I don't think for players that are mostly poor lol.