Iselilja's training schedules

Zebedee

Reaction score
Just something different to try out.

Iselilja (SI and FMBritain) has in the past given permission for the following training schedules to be uploaded. Here is the explanatory post from SI forums to try and assist in making sense of how the schedules to be used:

I actually worked with the same theory (also taken from fm-britain) and tried to make some very advanced schedules for fm08. I never got the time to test them out for long enough to see if it worked or not, but i will try to explain why i think these schedules would be better than the regular way of training. Afterwords i have some questions, and some things to point out. My schedules relies on the fact that these studies are true, if not, the schedules looses some of its power.

My schedule (and the "theory" behind):

Before i can explain the whole schedule, and the theory behind, i will have to present some observations:

1) Many players between the age of 17-20 should not train as hard as the older players (not the last notch of medium training). But it is not a good solution to let them train with the u-18 team because that will mean to low workload. Therefore it is vital to have a schedule for when the players are between youth and senior. Some players can train with the other seniors when they are 17, for others it will become too hard. This schedule is meant for those who cant handle that large workload. The point of this schedule is to prepare them for a larger workload later, and to keep their morale up.

I will call this schedule YTH (for youth, even though it is not a regual youth schedule, since it is for young seniors, and not youth players)

2) When young players are ready to train at a full workload, it is important to try to max out their physical potential as soon as possible. It is harder to improve the physice after they reach the age of 24, therefore it is important to have schedules with lots of phyiscal training and always keep them match fit until they reach the age of 24-26 (until their physics stops improving fast)

I will call this schedule UNG (means young in norwegian)

3) When players reach 24-26, their rapid physical improvements stops. Atleast in the aerobic cathegory, but not in their strenght cathegory. Therefore, i reduse the aerobic training to a maintain level, but still keeps the strenght training up high. This gives room for more mental and technical training.

I will call this schedule PAC (because your players will not gain much pace after you start using this schedule)

4) When players reach the age of 28-31 their physical stats will start to decline. By training them very hard physically you will just make them tired, and therefore you should reduce both strenght and aerobic to a maintain level. To still keep their CA up, you should therefore increase technical and mental training. The goal is not to loose physical stats, but to try to maintain them as good as possible while they are matchfit and keeps their CA up high.

I will call this schedule ALD (the start of the word "aldrende" in norwegian, which basically means that you are getting older)

5) In between schedule number 2 and 3 (UNG and PAC) you can use a schedule where you reduce the aerobic and strenght training a bit, but still keeps the aerobic at a higher than maintain level. This can be smart for positions where it is important to have fast players (like wingers or a fast striker)

This gives me a lot of schedules, since each positions will have five schedules. But if the theories that SFraser presented is true, i believe these schedules will be one of the best way to train your players.

There are other factors than stats that determines how good a players is. How many positions they can play, and how good they are with each foot. It is important to remember that too. So a player that is too footed will play well, but his stats might not be so good

i currently use my own tailor made schedule for each player at arsenal, but maybe in future saves ill give it ago ;)