issue with champion's league qualification

m4nu

Reaction score
I created a unified pyramid for BeNeLux clubs, just as a project of mine. Works fine, but European league qualification is messed up for some reason.

I can't think why - each nation is set up in Luxembourg, where the new league takes place, but based in their original nation (Belgium or Holland), similar to Swansea in England which is based in Wales. I haven't had any issues with Swansea being able to qualify for the Champion's League as normal, but in the BeNeLux league, it picks random dutch and belgian teams from division 2 or 3 and sticks them into the European championships.

Any ideas why this might be?

Data to download: Steam Workshop :: BeNeLux Pro League v0.20 (Fixed Transfer Windows)

If you look at Swansea in the database, their based Nation is Wales, but their Continental Cup Nation (CCN) is England. This is the one the game uses when selecting teams for Europe.

However, just changing your Belgian and Dutch teams to have their CCN back to Belgium or Netherlands won't help. There's an additional step needed.

The game looks initially to each nation's highest active league for usable teams. As long as there are teams present playing in that nation with the correct CCN, it will pick them. If it can't find any, then it will look elsewhere for other teams.

What you can do to make this happen is set the CCN of allthe teams still playing in Belgium and the Netherlands to a random, non EU, or even inactive nation. That way the database ignores them for European qualification and forces it to select the teams in your league instead.