Bashastuta

Reaction score
hello guys ive been looking around fm base and cant find help for the MAJOR problems that ive been going through for far too long now,im debating quitting champo (football manager). I have been playing for about 19 years now and i have never struggled like i am now, i will take over a club get my tactics sorted backroom staff sorted, then i will get the season started it happens at all my clubs now ill play for 4 or 5 months killing it tearing everyone up then it goes all of a sudden they cant play football anymore for every ten teams i manage i would say 80% of my games are poor, i cant get over this cause it could be the end of my career with football manager could someone with experience plz help me. I usually send assisstant to the press started to think thts the problem so i done every boring conference there was then .... same thing cant win no opp instructions ever maybe thts it not talking enough to my players could be tht i just dont know anymore PLZ PLZ help

not sure people would agree but i always do press conferences, i think it plays a major influence in how the team perform.

Vary your team talks too because if you say the same thing over and over agaon they become less affective.

I never use opposition instruction so dont worry too much about that.

Dont go over the top with praising good performances or criticising bad ones, just a "was pleased with performance" every now and again.

Dont change your tactics round too much, maybe every 10 matches or so use one of your different tactics to keep oppossition on their toes.

Hope this helps a little bit and keep the faith!

thnx mate i am very samey with my team talks and praise any good performance i am never critical of bad performances wats ur take on press conferences cause this is were i feel its going wrong

press conferences i always do, just think they make a big difference.

Normally im positive about the team and players but very occasionally say we dont have much of a chance in a game, seems to motivate them to prove me wrong. And the question about which area of the team i feel is strongest, i always, no matter what i actually think, put all areas of the squad are strong and up for the challenge. Also never nominate myself to win the league unless im in a very strong position, seems to make squad complacent if i do.

tht sounds very similar to the way i approach press conferences apart from the occasional dont have a chance comment u say i will apply what u said thank u very much for the advice mate

no worries, good luck!

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

oh and in press conferences, i occasionally mislead them to the way im going to approach the game, saying ill play defensively when im going to attack or vise versa, keeps the other managers on their toes

have you tried giving your youth a gho? The older stars might be beciming complacent, thinking they have a place in the team no matter what. When i say give your youth a go, i dont mean every single potition, i just mean certain areas, if you have a good up and coming striker or centre mid, give them a run out. Its what ive always done when im stuck it a situation similar to yours.

whatever you do, do not stop playing fm!!!

:)